App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I am in Alberta, getting a full time permanent job offer in rural Alberta. Community is designated so my plan is to apply for Rural renewal stream, however I have couple of questions.

I just graduated (PhD) from UofA, now the job offer is very basic (general labourer).

My question is, could it be a problem (now or in future for immigration purposes) that I hold a PhD degree from Canada but then applying for PR based on a general labour job?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Alberta, getting a full time permanent job offer in rural Alberta. Community is designated so my plan is to apply for Rural renewal stream, however I have couple of questions.

I just graduated (PhD) from UofA, now the job offer is very basic (general labourer).

My question is, could it be a problem (now or in future for immigration purposes) that I hold a PhD degree from Canada but then applying for PR based on a general labour job?
What is the TEER level because yes it can be an issue. Assume you are working for that employer now.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-rural-renewal-stream-eligibility

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So your work experience must be in that TEER only so you cannot use any work experience that is skilled. So assume you will work for this employer for a year.

If you are a temporary foreign worker: at the time your application is submitted you must have a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in an eligible occupation within the last 18 months prior to your application.

TEER 5TEER 5 and must be in the same occupation – NOC code

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
So your work experience must be in that TEER only so you cannot use any work experience that is skilled. So assume you will work for this employer for a year.

If you are a temporary foreign worker: at the time your application is submitted you must have a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in an eligible occupation within the last 18 months prior to your application.

TEER 5TEER 5 and must be in the same occupation – NOC code
But I graduated here in Canada. I can't find this info on rural stream website. What I understand from their requirement is if you have a job offer of 12+ in a rural designated community and you reside there, you can get the endorsement letter and apply for AAIP.

Do I still need 1 year experience if I am on PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But I graduated here in Canada. I can't find this info on rural stream website. What I understand from their requirement is if you have a job offer of 12+ in a rural designated community and you reside there, you can get the endorsement letter and apply for AAIP.

I gave you the link and posted the answer. Read the link as it tells you that you must have experience in TEER 5 only and says, “If you are a temporary foreign worker: at the time your application is submitted you must have a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in an eligible occupation within the last 18 months prior to your application.” So that means you need a year of TEER 5. Read the link I provided because a TEER 5 job offer must have “TEER 5 and must be in the same occupation – NOC code” So you need to get a year of experience as a general labourer. Read qualifying work experience section. It is all in the link so not sure why you cannot read it.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I gave you the link and posted the answer. Read the link as it tells you that you must have experience in TEER 5 only and says, “If you are a temporary foreign worker: at the time your application is submitted you must have a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in an eligible occupation within the last 18 months prior to your application.” So that means you need a year of TEER 5. Read the link I provided because a TEER 5 job offer must have “TEER 5 and must be in the same occupation – NOC code” So you need to get a year of experience as a general labourer. Read qualifying work experience section. It is all in the link so not sure why you cannot read it.

On the same page also read "Post-Graduation Work Permit holders who have completed a two-year post-secondary education program at an IRCC designated learning institution in their designated community are not required to meet the 12 months of work experience criterion."

I am on PGWP

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016

Anyone?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Are you currently living in the rural community? How did you get a job as a general labourer given you just got a PhD? Do you know the employer? Otherwise I can not imagine why an employer would hire a recent Canadian PhD graduate to work as a general labourer and believe that they will want to resettle longterm in the rural community and work as a labourer. Getting approved will be extremely difficult if not impossible. It would make no sense why someone who just got a PhD, and who I assume doesn’t currently live in the rural community, would want to work in a low paid unskilled job and settle in the rural community longterm. It would be pretty evident to any IRCC employee that you are just trying to secure PR and think that this is a way you can easily secure PR. Would be trying to secure PR via other method.

Reactions: amrvx4 and Naturgrl

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
HI everyone,
Hoping somebody could answer my questions. My sister is currently here in Canada on a tourist visa. An employer is interested in hiring her under the Alberta Rural Renewal Stream. We're just confused with the process. Her employer is currently in the process of applying for the town's endorsement letter. Once my sister obtains this along with her job offer, does she apply for a work permit first before applying for AAIP? or does she need to apply for AAIP once she gets the town's endorsement letter and job offer? If so is she eligible to work for her employer while her AAIP is being processed?

Thanks!

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
Settlement funds that are required, do we have to show that before applying for employment or before applying for Nomination. Puzzled about this. Currently i am studying in Ontario.

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi Everyone,

Any one getting update recently for this rural renewal stream. looks its quota is complete for this year. please share more details if have

Harneet89_

May 22, 2021
Hey,
Did anyone get a pnp approval recently or if knows the current processing times for pnp? For the rural renewal stream

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello,

Did anybody applied for Alberta rural renewal stream endorsement letter by themselves if they have help through the process and what city they applied for. I have a friend who wants to apply but they are in india currently.

ibteshamahmed22

Oct 13, 2023
Hello,

Did anybody applied for Alberta rural renewal stream endorsement letter by themselves if they have help through the process and what city they applied for. I have a friend who wants to apply but they are in india currently.
I think the endorsement letter is applied by the employer. Not employee.