+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rules to bring stuff when entering as PR

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
HI,
i am currently in Canada and will be entering the border again to become a Landed immigrant, want to ask what stuff i can bring with me? as currently i am re-entering, i may not be able to bring my stuff from my country? is there a provision where we can buy some time so get our stuff from our home country after some time?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:

* A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
* A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
* Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
* Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:
Yes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:

* A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
* A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
* Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
* Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
He's already a resident inside Canada, although not a PR. It's very unlikely that the newcomer exemptions will apply. Look at his previous posts.. Been in Canada for multiple years.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I usually don't have the time to dig through a person's previous posts, just to get the whole story, but...since you added more information, I would agree.

However, anything that he owns that is outside of Canada can still be added to a B4 Goods to Follow form, right?

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
zardoz said:
He's already a resident inside Canada, although not a PR. It's very unlikely that the newcomer exemptions will apply. Look at his previous posts.. Been in Canada for multiple years.
yes i am here from last 5 years

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
He is considered a resident. When he first arrived he should of had a "goods to follow" list. He cannot keep adding to the list every time he leaves the Country.
If he is becoming a Landed Immigrant then he has some homework to do. I cannot post a link but go to CBSA publications forms b4

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:
I usually don't have the time to dig through a person's previous posts, just to get the whole story, but...since you added more information, I would agree.

However, anything that he owns that is outside of Canada can still be added to a B4 Goods to Follow form, right?
Probably not. He can try but I suspect that they will reject the B4 on the basis of not fulfilling the exemption criteria. I've already had "fun" with CBSA over B4 submission as a "settler". They transferred all my belongings to my wife's B4 as she could claim "returning resident" status.