File Transfer...
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
1-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Yesssssssssssss......
LANDED..........
12-august-2013
Is there any update in change in Rule for off campus work permit from January 1st,2014 for September,2013 intake students???? :p :p :eek: :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-six-month-waiting-for-off-campus-work-permit-from-jan-2014-onwards-t146943.0.html

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Use the forum search function and you will find this.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-six-month-waiting-for-off-campus-work-permit-from-jan-2014-onwards-t146943.75.html

Also, go to www.cic.gc.ca (or www.canada.ca) for latest news on the changes.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
they have given me a work permit along with study permit at the immigration in the airport..

but i guess that is for my Co-op, bcos i have been asked if my course has a co-op..

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winsor said:
didnt get u ..

but no use of that work permit..its purely for co-op i guess..
No really? You don't say.

the proposed changes has no effect on co-ops apart from the fact that co-ops no longer need to get a work permit. So what you had at the border has nothing to do with the proposed changes at all. It is more for the benefit of us who currently have to wait 6 months before we can work off campus.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
i didnt know i m the only one who got 2 permits until i reached my accomodation..

some say its for off campus work permit..n some say its for co-op..as of now i m under course/cllg change tensions..once done with it i shall look into it..

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have a course that includes a co-op. You MUST have a work permit for that. Your work MUST be related to your course AND give you course credit. It's not like you can study hospitality management and work at ford motors putting engines together.

Your case has NOTHING to do with the proposed changes.

rituritz

Oct 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
O
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
1-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Yesssssssssssss......
LANDED..........
12-august-2013
Well guyz thanks for your replies but the thing is this still its not cleared for students like me about working off campus. :(

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rituritz said:
Well guyz thanks for your replies but the thing is this still its not cleared for students like me about working off campus. :(
Just head on over to www.cic.gc.ca and check out the news section or if you can find any other changes on there in regards to working off campus. That should give you an answer.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
itstime said:
You have a course that includes a co-op. You MUST have a work permit for that. Your work MUST be related to your course AND give you course credit. It's not like you can study hospitality management and work at ford motors putting engines together.

Your case has NOTHING to do with the proposed changes.
ok...i m planning to change my course..so that work permit shall be useless for me..

infact they have written my course name in the remarks..does that mean , i shud be studying that course only ? or since the Immigration officer quoted it in the remarks later when i m applying for permits or PR are my remarks going to pop up ?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winsor said:
ok...i m planning to change my course..so that work permit shall be useless for me..

infact they have written my course name in the remarks..does that mean , i shud be studying that course only ? or since the Immigration officer quoted it in the remarks later when i m applying for permits or PR are my remarks going to pop up ?
That's a different question and has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Start a new one to get relevant answers.