26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Dear all

I am traveling to Germany with my RTD. Germany is technically in Schenghen area so if after landing in Germany I want to go to Paris and Switzerland will that be an issue. As I heard there is no border at all plus if any issue I can show then the RTD with stamp from Germany which is Schengen area.
Anyone has same experience please share. Also ones who don’t have information please avoid speculation without reference thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all

I am traveling to Germany with my RTD. Germany is technically in Schenghen area so if after landing in Germany I want to go to Paris and Switzerland will that be an issue. As I heard there is no border at all plus if any issue I can show then the RTD with stamp from Germany which is Schengen area.
Anyone has same experience please share. Also ones who don’t have information please avoid speculation without reference thanks
Although you will be in the Schengen free movement area there are currently more border checks because asylum seekers are trying to move to other more desirable countries to claim asylum. Entry to Switzerland is something you definitely need to check about. Believe you need a visa for France.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I went from northern italy to france, no issue at all. the asylum seekers mentioned above entered the EU without any border officer giving a stamp. The italian immigration officers let me enter into France at the train station when they saw the stamp allowing entry in the Rome int'l airport. They just assumed it has the same privileges as a Canadian passport I believe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I went from northern italy to france, no issue at all. the asylum seekers mentioned above entered the EU without any border officer giving a stamp. The italian immigration officers let me enter into France at the train station when they saw the stamp allowing entry in the Rome int'l airport. They just assumed it has the same privileges as a Canadian passport I believe.
It is always a risk. You may not have had an issue but you did encounter border agents at the train station which would rarely have happened 5 years. Not the free movement that it used to be. There are border agents around at many border, train stations, etc. If you want to assure that you will be safe people should get a visa.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Where you able to travel to Italy without a visa? There's been lots of talks recently about travel document holders exempted from visa to enter Italy but nothing confirmed. If yes, what airline did u use?

Thanks!

Reactions: Ghess23

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Where you able to travel to Italy without a visa? There's been lots of talks recently about travel document holders exempted from visa to enter Italy but nothing confirmed. If yes, what airline did u use?

Thanks!
I used easy jet from london heathrow to rome, I had a UK visa, and then when boarding i showed a print out from italian consulate saying RTD doesn't need visa, and airline desk called italian immigration and confirmed, RTD is actually awesome

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are asking about France and Switzerland. Different countries so different visa requirements. Would contact each embassy in Canada.

Reactions: mpsqra

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I used easy jet from london heathrow to rome, I had a UK visa, and then when boarding i showed a print out from italian consulate saying RTD doesn't need visa, and airline desk called italian immigration and confirmed, RTD is actually awesome
Thank you for sharing your experience.
How did you get the letter from the Italian consulate? Did you book a normal visa appointment? do we have to bring any documents such as work permit / flight tickets?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
How did you apply for the UK visa is there any specific requirements or advice, is it hard to get?
Thanks

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I just print screened the toronto italian cosulate saying RTD is OK, and went on to italy from London to be honest...

I just googled the UK visa website filled in the form and went for appoinemnt to give biometrics. I think what helped me is I have been there many times before. No requirements just be a resident here, bank statement the usual, similar to US visas accept you dont get questioned by visa officer

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I just print screened the toronto italian cosulate saying RTD is OK, and went on to italy from London to be honest...

I just googled the UK visa website filled in the form and went for appoinemnt to give biometrics. I think what helped me is I have been there many times before. No requirements just be a resident here, bank statement the usual, similar to US visas accept you dont get questioned by visa officer
Did you have to show PR to the U.K visa office?

nassb

Feb 5, 2019

So the UK does accept RTD? coz some reports say that it doesn't.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Dear all

In my opinion and past experience, I will advice emailing the consulate of those countries. Because, aside the schenghen visa free agreement in the zone, some country members has the international legal right to deny entry of foreign national without visa or holding RTD.