+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD visit to Schenghen area

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
So the UK does accept RTD? coz some reports say that it doesn't.
UK will definitely accept RTD, as the country is a signatory and party to the 1951 convention. UK also issue similar travel document to their protected and conventional refugee.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I just print screened the toronto italian cosulate saying RTD is OK, and went on to italy from London to be honest...

I just googled the UK visa website filled in the form and went for appoinemnt to give biometrics. I think what helped me is I have been there many times before. No requirements just be a resident here, bank statement the usual, similar to US visas accept you dont get questioned by visa officer
Did you get ur uk visa as well. How much is validity , requirements and processing time and fees. Sorry for too much questions because I am so keen to get one on my RTD. Both of us got us visa same month u remember

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
In my opinion and past experience, I will advice emailing the consulate of those countries. Because, aside the schenghen visa free agreement in the zone, some country members has the international legal right to deny entry of foreign national without visa or holding RTD.
Your right but remember Canada,Australia New Zealand, are like son of UK so they will definitely accept people from all this country perhaps can you leave your status here to go start all over in Europe?

Fadi208

Oct 10, 2019
There is no issues when applying for UK visa with RTD, I applied last november, my PR is still pending, 10 days and I got UK visa, you only need to provide documents like bank statements, and employment letter.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
There is no issues when applying for UK visa with RTD, I applied last november, my PR is still pending, 10 days and I got UK visa, you only need to provide documents like bank statements, and employment letter.
Apart from bank statement and job letter is there any issue . Like any other documentation apart from you status , ticket and hotel etc . Have u been to uk. Any issue at port of entry with RTD

Fadi208

Oct 10, 2019
Apart from bank statement and job letter is there any issue . Like any other documentation apart from you status , ticket and hotel etc . Have u been to uk. Any issue at port of entry with RTD
In my case, I provided mortgage statements, but it's not necessary at all, you better should have a job and some savings as a proof that you can afford your travel. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip in march due to COVID19, but I flew multiple times using RTD, and never had issues at any port of entry.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
In my case, I provided mortgage statements, but it's not necessary at all, you better should have a job and some savings as a proof that you can afford your travel. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip in march due to COVID19, but I flew multiple times using RTD, and never had issues at any port of entry.
oh great so they give you visa for 6 months only. yes i flew to Germany February 2020 had no issue but was wondering if anyone has any problem

I live in london for 7 years was refused asylum there but i left voluntairly when my rights were exhausted so a bit keen about it.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
I used easy jet from london heathrow to rome, I had a UK visa, and then when boarding i showed a print out from italian consulate saying RTD doesn't need visa, and airline desk called italian immigration and confirmed, RTD is actually awesome
Hi bro, hope you and everyone doing great, I want to ask how did you got UK Visa on RTD , I'm planning to apply soon as my brother is a British citizen and he sponsored me, I also visited UK 5 years ago but that was on my home country passport, but now of course I have only RTD , I'll be really grateful for any information and guidance. Thanks

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi bro, hope you and everyone doing great, I want to ask how did you got UK Visa on RTD , I'm planning to apply soon as my brother is a British citizen and he sponsored me, I also visited UK 5 years ago but that was on my home country passport, but now of course I have only RTD , I'll be really grateful for any information and guidance. Thanks
just google visa4uk and follow the steps from the UK home office for a visa, the office you have to go to in canada is called VFS global they are closed now due to COVID but after u fill in the uk visa application online and submit you get redirected and book an appointment at vfs to give them your passport they then send it to uk consulate in NYC for visa stamp.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
just google visa4uk and follow the steps from the UK home office for a visa, the office you have to go to in canada is called VFS global they are closed now due to COVID but after u fill in the uk visa application online and submit you get redirected and book an appointment at vfs to give them your passport they then send it to uk consulate in NYC for visa stamp.
Thank you for responding, I already filled the Form online but waiting for the opening of VFS Centers.

Reactions: Biochemist

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Did you get ur uk visa as well. How much is validity , requirements and processing time and fees. Sorry for too much questions because I am so keen to get one on my RTD. Both of us got us visa same month u remember
validity depends on how much you pay, i think 2 years is like 350 pounds. i got mine in a week but i paid for priority, but i think normally its 2-3 weeks. What I like about the british is that they issue multiple entry and the more money you pay the longer the validity, but the americans judge you on your origin and give you a validity that americans get when they visit your country which is unfair considering we are using a refugee document stating we cant ever go back there nor want to and have nothing to do with it but simply guilty cause we are born there lol. I think anyone with RTD should be given a Canadian reciprocity of 10 years and multiple entry,

but anyway yeah the more cash the longer the visa for UK, 5 years i like 600 sterling

by the way did you get AOR we applied for PR same time too.... im still waiting this is crazy....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even if your brother is inviting you you’ll likely need to show that you have a job and have your own savings to get the visa and to enter the UK. You currently need to quarantine if you enter the UK which is something you’ll need to consider and plan on 14 days of quarantine when you return to Canada.