+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD normal process time

WATCHTOWA

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I applied for RTD along with my family back in October 2022. We received the issued RTD of my spouse and son after 2 weeks along with another letter requesting that I should provide another passport photo that the one I used in the application had lightning uniformity issue. I took another photo that same day and sent it to Ottawa address as advised in the letter. It was received 3days after. Several webform inquiry and phone calls made indicated that they received the photo and that it has been forwarded to the processing officers desk. I recently took another step by making an inquiry through my MP and I got the response below....

Status of application – in progress

Eligibility – passed

Guarantor – passed

Recognition – not started yet

No further action required

I do not understand the part "Recognition" and I wonder why same priority given to Canadian passport application is not accorded to RTD. Would appreciate if anyone can explain the Recognition aspect. Thank you.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I applied for RTD along with my family back in October 2022. We received the issued RTD of my spouse and son after 2 weeks along with another letter requesting that I should provide another passport photo that the one I used in the application had lightning uniformity issue. I took another photo that same day and sent it to Ottawa address as advised in the letter. It was received 3days after. Several webform inquiry and phone calls made indicated that they received the photo and that it has been forwarded to the processing officers desk. I recently took another step by making an inquiry through my MP and I got the response below....

Status of application – in progress

Eligibility – passed

Guarantor – passed

Recognition – not started yet

No further action required

I do not understand the part "Recognition" and I wonder why same priority given to Canadian passport application is not accorded to RTD. Would appreciate if anyone can explain the Recognition aspect. Thank you.
I have a question I sent an application for RTD two months ago and returned my application today, stating that my guarantor do not meet the requirements I used my supervisor as a guarantor. And now they added a list of criteria for guarantor in the list the sent me. And do not know any Doctor, Dentist, police officer or any of the requirements could anyone explain to me how you guys get through this. Please how do you guys do it.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I have a question I sent an application for RTD two months ago and returned my application today, stating that my guarantor do not meet the requirements I used my supervisor as a guarantor. And now they added a list of criteria for guarantor in the list the sent me. And do not know any Doctor, Dentist, police officer or any of the requirements could anyone explain to me how you guys get through this. Please how do you guys do it

hassiko

Aug 19, 2021
Yes, my application is over 27 months so I had right to get it back .I got my money back last week nd going to send it to Quebec office

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi guys, I want to apply for a Travel Document. I have ECOPR so do I apply for a Permanent Resident Travel doc PRTD or a Refugee Travel Document RTD.