+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD normal process time

whatliesbeneath

Jun 14, 2023
Hi, here is my timeline for Urgent(medical condition of a family member) RTD application:
Applied on July 2022, travel time September.
Asked on August by webform, because there wasn't much time for travel
Asked multiple times. Each time had response like "processing"
Went to my MP's office on February 2023. On that day, learnt that the application was marked "urgent" on November 2022
Got a mail on February saying that my photos were "damaged", resent in a week.
By the office of MP, they asked for a proof of medical urgence on April, sent the medical report on the first week of May.
From July 2022 until today(nearly one year), after about 10 webforms I still have no answer or news.
I think this is a violation of human rights? I am planning to apply UNHCR for the next step .

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hello all,
I applied mine last week urgently travel date is in three weeks. I also attached a request letter with my application that I need to travel abroad for medical reason. Any one received rtd recently

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hello all,
I applied mine last week urgently travel date is in three weeks. I also attached a request letter with my application that I need to travel abroad for medical reason. Any one received rtd recently
Applied on May 12 and received my passport today (Non-urgent).

Reactions: qxoil

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
%100 agree. There should be a system for that. I applied in advance as I was told that it will take months to receive!