+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rsidence application

salvadorean

Jun 18, 2008
Hi,my wife and I, we're would to migrate to Canada but we don't know what is the exact process for it, she has a son that is not mine and the father disappeared more than a year ago, so her son has his last name and we wanted to change it to mine, but we don't know where the father is, also mi wife and I have two daughters and I would like to know if there is going to be a problem because of her son having his father last name, and also if to move to Canada they will ask us to have money because honestly we don't have that much.

we'll appreciate any information you could give us, thanks in advanced

LCS

May 5, 2005
Re: Residence application- can you help, PMM?

hi salvadorean,
If you want 'professional' help with your question, could you post again but put "PMM please help" in the Subject. That person is (I think) a professional resource for answers on this list and has helped many people with the tricky questions about child custody etc.

For the type of immigration application, PMM might know which one you could apply under for your best chance.
Yes, there would be a fee for processing all of your immigration applications. I don't know the specific amounts, it is on the
Immigration website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i am no sure about whether that would be a problem.
i mean i am sure you can adopt the so once u have married your partner.
that is a good option.
regarding the money, try and borrow some money and let it be there on your account for atleast 4months before the immigration ask for your documents.
this will show that you have had the adequate money.
once the matter is resolved, you can either repay the money or ask to repay it at a later date.
hope it helps but i also suggest another opinion from a much senior member is advisable.
thanks.

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't think that would be a problem. you can ask your wife to contact her former in-laws if they have info about her former spouse. you could also apply as a skilled worker if you have a degree..
good luck