+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RRSP, is that valid proof of financial support?

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I am CEC-Inland. I am in Canada since 2.5 years. I have quite a few amount of money invested in RRSP. Can this be shown as a proof while uploading financial support document?

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
You are not required to show proof of funds for CEC. Just upload a letter stating it is not required for your application.

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
The problem is I have mentioned funds in my Pre-ITA application. So, now I will have to show them.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
prerak said:
The problem is I have mentioned funds in my Pre-ITA application. So, now I will have to show them.
But you are still applying via CEC. They don't need proof of funds to process your application. If you do have enough funds, just upload a letter of explanation stating you are not required to show funds for CEC but you are attaching documentation of funds available to you anyway.

In you application it will still ask you to upload proof of funds, its basically meant for FSW applicants but CIC does not have separate portals for different streams, hence the explanation letter.

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prerak said:
don't worry , even i did mention some amount. Later in the document section i have uploaded last 6 months bank statements only because i need to upload some document in the proof of funds section.

Also mentioned in the LOE that i was invited under CEC stream which doesn't require proof of funds.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
prerak said:

I mentioned funds pre ita and changed it to 0 post ita and submitted an LOE stating that I am CEC inland and no POF required....wasn't a problem...got PR

Sara92

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Edmotnon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before ita i mentioned that I have 9k of founds for 2 people (lol I don't know what I was thinking) and then I submitted letter pof that mentioned less than 9k and they still sent me ppr so in Cec they really don't care about your money. But I had valid job offer and lmio