+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ ... REPLY ! is it ok to send a one binder of 2000 + paper ! Help

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello , iam preparing to send RQ reply with documents requested past 5 years is it ok if the binder goes up to 2000 + document or i have to split them into different binders ! i feel that iam swimming in a pool of papers :) pls help

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
Hello , iam preparing to send RQ reply with documents requested past 5 years is it ok if the binder goes up to 2000 + document or i have to split them into different binders ! i feel that iam swimming in a pool of papers :) pls help
Is this a serious question? You DONT send them proof of every day you were in Canada, just few important things.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
MWM said:
Big ditto the response by CanV.

The amount of supporting documentation necessary to show where one has been living, working, and otherwise physically located, should not be a huge document dump. The most important documentation would ordinarily be less than a tenth what you indicate, and that is the documentation which will make the difference. If that documentation is not sufficient itself, adding another 1800 pages of documents to the pile is unlikely to change the outcome, unless CIC goes through all that extra paperwork to find inconsistencies justifying a negative outcome.

The efficacy of a document dump is way, way, way overrated.

Identify what really makes a difference and focus on that. Quantity of paper will not make a positive difference.

Yes, of course, submitting too little is still, probably, the more common mistake PRs issued RQ make. But the cure for sending too little is not a huge document dump. The cure is to be smart and responsive, focus on what actually and directly proves where you were living and working, and corroborating declared travel history of course.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
dpenabill said:
Big ditto the response by CanV.

The amount of supporting documentation necessary to show where one has been living, working, and otherwise physically located, should not be a huge document dump. The most important documentation would ordinarily be less than a tenth what you indicate, and that is the documentation which will make the difference. If that documentation is not sufficient itself, adding another 1800 pages of documents to the pile is unlikely to change the outcome, unless CIC goes through all that extra paperwork to find inconsistencies justifying a negative outcome.

The efficacy of a document dump is way, way, way overrated.

Identify what really makes a difference and focus on that. Quantity of paper will not make a positive difference.

Yes, of course, submitting too little is still, probably, the more common mistake PRs issued RQ make. But the cure for sending too little is not a huge document dump. The cure is to be smart and responsive, focus on what actually and directly proves where you were living and working, and corroborating declared travel history of course.
100 % you are right , but we are a family of 3 and the passports copies alone 250 pages between old and new , they asked for banks 5 years , medical 5 years , utlilities bills 5 years , mobile 5 years , internet 5 years , schools attendance sheets 5 years , vaccinations , lease , employments 5 years , tax 5, years, pay stubs 5 years , letters from employees 5 years , major purchases 5 years , credit cards 5 years , social assistance statements 5 years exit / entries records from 4 countries 5 years , tickets , boardings , hotels 5 Years ( we travelled 12 times ;D ;D ;D ) .

i dont know what to do , the problem that we applied urgent last july after 21 days we recieved a letter to come and pick , when we went there no one asked us anything , just at the window they said we cannot give it to you , the officer need to do an interview first , we waited 3 months to recieve the interview date and suddenly they send me a questioner. need to reply in 30 days and i dont know how long it will take after , the funniest thing is that i applied urgent to go and take my father to europe for a liver transplant surgery .

we all met RO with more than 920 days and we never lied in anything.

i even thought to make copies double sided so i can reduce the shape and the look of the binder .

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if someone doesn't have all these documents. For eg. I never visited the doctor, bcoz I never got that sick that I needed to. Only my wife and child did.

MarioYYZ

Mar 2, 2014
Re: RQ ... REPLY ! is it ok to send a one binder of 2000 + paper ! Help

I see that you posted exactly what they requested, so just submit what they asked of you: If they asked for all these documents you mentioned, covering the past 5 years, then this is what you are expected to provide. When you submit your documents in a well presented and organized manner this is not a document dump. I hope all works out so you can attend to your father asap.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Especially when providing a lot of documentation, it's important to organize it well and provide a cover letter and index to the information so you can point out why the documents you included are important. Good luck.