+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Received before the test all applicants welcome care to share your time lines

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone
Here is my time line .
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 1, 2013.
4. received RQ, on April-2013 there is no reason, but i have 2 trips 120 days one in 2011 and another one is 2013 so 120 total days i was out from the country is 120 days, i worked full time form nov 2008 to august 2010 and from August-2010 to march-2011 i studied full time, i was not on any government benefits. took osap and studied. from july-2011 till date i am working full time.

i have called cic, and they advise me your citizenship file is at Mississauga office, and RQ file is at St.claire. i do not understand why my citizenship file at two different places.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Hi Everyone
Here is my time line .

4. received RQ, on April-2013 there is no reason, but i have 2 trips 120 days one in 2011 and another one is 2013 so 120 total days i was out from the country is 120 days, i worked full time form nov 2008 to august 2010 and from August-2010 to march-2011 i studied full time, i was not on any government benefits. took osap and studied. from july-2011 till date i am working full time.

i have called cic, and they advise me your citizenship file is at Mississauga office, and RQ file is at St.claire. i do not understand why my citizenship file at two different places.
Most of the time, CIC issued RQ without any reason. I will advise you to submit as many documents as possible to prove you're indeed in Canada. I believe OSAP, rent, health, credit card, bank, and any other documents will give them better view of your case. I wish you luck.

ss_ss

Oct 10, 2013
Applied Oct/27/2011
Aknowledgement letter Nov/2011
RQ received June/20/2012
RQ submited Aug/08/2012
Test Sep/18/2013
Oath Oct/31/2013

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received Dec 9th 2011
in Process Jun 2012
RQ July 2012
RQ submitted End of Aug 2012

krish ram

Mar 5, 2013
Received Dec 2011
in Process Aug 2012
RQ Aug 2012
RQ submitted start of Oct 2012

office - Halifax

no progress yet when called call centre they said no offcer is assigned to my file so far

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krish ram said:
Received Dec 2011
in Process Aug 2012
RQ Aug 2012
RQ submitted start of Oct 2012

office - Halifax

no progress yet when called call centre they said no offcer is assigned to my file so far
Thanks for sharing your time line, i hope there are many applicants over here, who are facing the same sort of situation. i have called them today and the lady over the phone advise me, you may get answer by 2015 as far as your citizenship is concern.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 1, 2012.

RQ in 2013 as letter lost in the mail.

Submitted RQ March, 2013. I called and was told that I should call back in 2014 haha

Nothing yet.

krish ram

Mar 5, 2013
am4u2ster said:
Thanks for sharing your time line, i hope there are many applicants over here, who are facing the same sort of situation. i have called them today and the lady over the phone advise me, you may get answer by 2015 as far as your citizenship is concern.
one of the slowest in country is Halifax i guess after going through few files processed in other parts of the country , but having said that one of my friend as applied much more after me in Halifax and now he is citizen and makes me wonder how the system works. any ways we don't have any choice except to wait without knowing what is happening i guess.Mu daughter application is separated since she did not get residence questioner and it has passed the published time line of 25 months. when called the call center they have told her will send the cic Halifax a reminder and they will send her details within 3 months that is the response she got from them.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krish ram said:
one of the slowest in country is Halifax i guess after going through few files processed in other parts of the country , but having said that one of my friend as applied much more after me in Halifax and now he is citizen and makes me wonder how the system works. any ways we don't have any choice except to wait without knowing what is happening i guess.Mu daughter application is separated since she did not get residence questioner and it has passed the published time line of 25 months. when called the call center they have told her will send the cic Halifax a reminder and they will send her details within 3 months that is the response she got from them.
That is absolute disaster, they are treating every applicant differently, mostly it depend on your luck, some people will get through without any problem. system needs to be change

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
krish ram said:
This is the frustrating part. It is 19 months of waiting for me with no RQ. I would not consider my application complicated, I do not understand why they do that. 2013 applicants are moving so much faster then me, I am getting so disappointed and I do not want to call CIC every month.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
This is the frustrating part. It is 19 months of waiting for me with no RQ. I would not consider my application complicated, I do not understand why they do that. 2013 applicants are moving so much faster then me, I am getting so disappointed and I do not want to call CIC every month.
I know one guys who applied for the citizenship just heck of it, he has multiple travel history, and he worked full time throughout 5 years without any breaks, they called him for a citizenship test on Feb-2013, however he failed the test, and after few months he is invited for an interview with CJ, he got failed again, then after few month they have invited him to write a test again, he cleared his test, and within 2-3 weeks he received a letter for a citizenship oath. he just got his citizenship grant in November-2013, as per him he applied for citizenship grant on Mid 0f 2011

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Local Office is the determinant of processing times for non RQd applicants. Those in Ontario have a higher resource (Citizenship Officers) per applicant ratio than those in the Prairies and Atlantic Canada. Consider that offices in the latter regions now serve a bigger geographical areas with smaller office closures and it adds to the weep factor! CIC as I recall introduced the concept of re-testing at a different region/ city to where you live if you are willing to travel for this e.g. you fail the test in Vancouver next test is in March 2014 but Windsor has spots for a test on Dec 31st if you can make it. I guess they will eventually shuffle applicants in less resourced offices to those in better resourced offices but this isn't happening any time soon...I guess if someone was in say Winnipeg which is especially bad they could move to Windsor for the heck of it and get processed faster even taking into account delays from file transfer!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
am4u2ster said:
I know one guys who applied for the citizenship just heck of it, he has multiple travel history, and he worked full time throughout 5 years without any breaks, they called him for a citizenship test on Feb-2013, however he failed the test, and after few months he is invited for an interview with CJ, he got failed again, then after few month they have invited him to write a test again, he cleared his test, and within 2-3 weeks he received a letter for a citizenship oath. he just got his citizenship grant in November-2013, as per him he applied for citizenship grant on Mid 0f 2011
I guess the guy is very lucky, considering the retest and interview with the judge (which would usually take longer wait), he still got it in 2 years! Can you imagine getting RQ in two years ha ha oh Gosh...like a bad dream.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Msafiri said:
Local Office is the determinant of processing times for non RQd applicants. Those in Ontario have a higher resource (Citizenship Officers) per applicant ratio than those in the Prairies and Atlantic Canada. Consider that offices in the latter regions now serve a bigger geographical areas with smaller office closures and it adds to the weep factor! CIC as I recall introduced the concept of re-testing at a different region/ city to where you live if you are willing to travel for this e.g. you fail the test in Vancouver next test is in March 2014 but Windsor has spots for a test on Dec 31st if you can make it. I guess they will eventually shuffle applicants in less resourced offices to those in better resourced offices but this isn't happening any time soon...I guess if someone was in say Winnipeg which is especially bad they could move to Windsor for the heck of it and get processed faster even taking into account delays from file transfer!
I am in Ontario. My application was transferred to St.Clair from Scarborough already. I thought that would speed up the process but no, still waiting.