+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Processing 2-3 yrs - internal CIC email predating OB407

borsch

Dec 11, 2013
Hello,

I recently received some of the information I requested via an ATIP inquiry and came across one particular email there from one CIC employee to another that I found peculiar. Email is dated March 22, 2012, so it predates the roll-out of OB407. The most interesting piece is that it completely debunks the myth that CIC didn't know that RQ is causing significant case processing delays and that they couldn't anticipate that the roll-out of OB407 would make the situation even worse (a statement repeated by Chris Alexander and other CIC officials over and over again when asked about increased processing times).

Basically, in response to her colleague's question about why the expected RQ processing time is 2-3 years, a CIC employee replied:
"...The average 2-3 year timeframe for reviewing the RQ can be associated to many factors. Namely, processing targets have focused on making people citizens, thus straightforward files take precedent; clients submitting RQs with supporting documents are furnishing boxes of documents for our review and these take up a lot of time/resources..."

She is basically saying that they put RQ recipients' cases aside, as their operating "targets" don't focus on individual case processing times, but just on "making people citizens". Then she goes on to complain about people sending them "boxes of documents", when in reality any time you ask CIC Call Centre about what documentary proof you need to submit chances are that they will encourage you to submit more paper than less.

Original CIC email posted in our Google Group, if anyone is interested:
groupsDOTgoogleDOTcom/forum/?hl=en#!topic/assocation-of-future-canadians/6Tq9PxaoytE

I will for sure mention this in my letter to my MP, requesting him to seek explanation from CIC on the matter.

In the meantime, bad news, everyone: according to CIC, cases of RQ recipients are lowest priority and will be processed whenever.

Regards,
Alexei

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Hey,
Actually the google group is only open to members of the Associations of Future Canadians (Those who are concerned about processing delays and RQs, please feel free to join the Association by clicking on the link in my signature!)

But in the meantime, the document can be found here: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/atip-releases/rq3yrs/
Thanks eileenf. link doesn't work though.