RQ from Sydney Office time frame Inquiry

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if Sydney office decides to RQ you, how long usually it take to receive the RQ (In other words, if someone expects to be RQ'ed by Sydney Office, when probably he/she should expect the questionnaire from Sydney office: Before the online status says In Process, or After, within a month after the receipt of the application etc. If you have received a RQ from Sydney office, please share the timelines.

Thanks & have a nice long weekend,
Cheers

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
I believe that usually local office give you RQ and not Sydney Office . in Sydney office, they might ask you for 1 or 2 uncompleted documents (for example college transcription) and it happens after starting process and before transferring it to local office. in Sydney only they have to make sure that every document that they need is in the file. then they will send it to local office. in local office judge will decide if you need RQ or not.
Thanks Sept-30. If that's the case, that's good... I have heard that Sydney also gives RQ. Thanks for the info.

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Sydney issues RQ. I received RQ just after they started processing my citizenship application. The RQ was sent by Sydney office but I was asked to submit all the documents to my local office. For details check November-2014 thread.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
I believe that usually local office give you RQ and not Sydney Office . in Sydney office, they might ask you for 1 or 2 uncompleted documents (for example college transcription) and it happens after starting process and before transferring it to local office. in Sydney only they have to make sure that every document that they need is in the file. then they will send it to local office. in local office judge will decide if you need RQ or not.
Wrong. You can receive RQ from Sydney or from local office.
Yes Judge can decide to send RQ but at a later stage. That means if ,at Sydney, the see any discrepancy they can send an RQ. the officer at local office who reviews the file can also send an RQ if he suspects something or he's not satisfied and finally the judge can send an RQ after the interview and after the agent pass the file to him for paper review. In other words you can be RQ'ed at any stage of the process.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
I was wondering if Sydney office decides to RQ you, how long usually it take to receive the RQ (In other words, if someone expects to be RQ'ed by Sydney Office, when probably he/she should expect the questionnaire from Sydney office: Before the online status says In Process, or After, within a month after the receipt of the application etc. If you have received a RQ from Sydney office, please share the timelines.

Thanks & have a nice long weekend,
Cheers
1. Most RQs prior to Operational Bulletin 407 of May 2012 were issued by the Local Office often at test but also post test.

2. Due to the (belated) discovery of a citizenship residence fraud ring with epicenters in Mississauga and Montreal coupled with inconsistent criteria for RQ issuance by the different Local Offices, CIC introduced OB 407. This mandated CPC Sidney to carry out a File Template Analysis - this to standardize application form and evidence review as well as forward of application format to Local Office and the CJ. OB407 further included CPC Sidney carrying out a triage for RQ issuance (some well known triggers include self employment/ unemployment with travel).

3. This means the majority of applicants post May 2012 are most likely to be issued a Pre-Test RQ and this will usually be issued by Sidney. The RQ will be issued once your application is received, opened and accepted as complete so it will say 'In Process'. An indication of RQ issuance is a message along the lines of 'on date x we sent you a letter' on your ecas but there may be no indication. You will usually get an RQ from Sidney within 3 months of 'In Process'.

4. However the only conclusive way you know Sidney has not RQd you is to check if your file has been transferred to the Local Office by contacting the Call Center or checking GCMS notes. If application has been transferred then the RQ issuance if it happens will be by the Local Office which may also RQ you before the test, at the test or post test.

5. You can be RQd all the way up oath stage including by the CJ. However CIC are front loading the detailed review of applications (fom format has changed to require more residence details and documentary evidence e.g. employment records) so nowadays for post May 2012 applicants and especially post Feb 2014 applicants (most recent version of citizenship application form) getting a post test RQ (full CIT 171 version) and/or referral to a CJ means your application has some major issues and is likely to be bounced.

6. CIC will also RQ a percentage of applicants for quality control/ program integrity purposes - to summarize anyone can get an RQ but if this happens its best to get Pre-Test RQ and ideally get the lite/mini version Form CIT520 with processing at a fast Local Office (and thus by default resident in) which currently is any Local Office in the GTA.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Goldline said:
Wrong. You can receive RQ from Sydney or from local office.
Yes Judge can decide to send RQ but at a later stage. That means if ,at Sydney, the see any discrepancy they can send an RQ. the officer at local office who reviews the file can also send an RQ if he suspects something or he's not satisfied and finally the judge can send an RQ after the interview and after the agent pass the file to him for paper review. In other words you can be RQ'ed at any stage of the process.
sorry . my bad . my conclusion was based on this website.
http://www.canadian-citizenship.ca/waiting/time.html
thanks to msafiri for clarifying this matter.