+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ for December Applicants

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi all,

Just wondering if any December applicants got any RQ and what is your update so far?

I got an an RQ and haven't heard anything or an update in my ECAS. Please can someone give me there timeline and experience. Would appreciate it. Thanks

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
mama800 said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if any December applicants got any RQ and what is your update so far?

I got an an RQ and haven't heard anything or an update in my ECAS. Please can someone give me there timeline and experience. Would appreciate it. Thanks
What is your office ?

Sirine

baz

Sep 26, 2009
Hi

I am December applicant. I got an RQ after the test :mad:

1.5 months after I sent the RQ in, my ecas status has changed to decision made. I have no idea if that is good or not. But now, I am waiting for any correspondence.

I took my test (and got the RQ) on Jul 27 2015. Handed in my RQ on Aug 19, and my ecas was updated to decision made on Sep 29.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baz said:
Hi

I am December applicant. I got an RQ after the test :mad:

1.5 months after I sent the RQ in, my ecas status has changed to decision made. I have no idea if that is good or not. But now, I am waiting for any correspondence.

I took my test (and got the RQ) on Jul 27 2015. Handed in my RQ on Aug 19, and my ecas was updated to decision made on Sep 29.
What was the reason for RQ issuance? Were you short on physical presence days? Was this the full RQ CIT0171? Or mini RQ CIT 520?

baz

Sep 26, 2009
It was a full on CIT0171. I had two problems that came to light at my interview:
  • CBSA did not stamp my passport on entry to Canada, hence I forgot to declare the trip (it was 20 months prior to my citizenship application, it was one of several trips and it was only for 4 days)
  • During the first year I was in Canada, I was trying to start a technology based startup (read: unemployed)

So yes, I was short of physical presence. All in all, I was short for 7 days, but very importantly, I declared everything that was in my passport. And I had enough evidence to prove that I was in the country during my unemployment status. In the end, I sent over 2kg worth of documents.

I thought it would take a year for them to get back to me, but actually, it took just over a month for my status to change to "decision made". But I have no idea what that decision is, it could be an oath invite, it could be a denial. I have been told (by a lawyer) that in all probability, it will be an oath invite. But I can't be certain. I will just have to wait to find out.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for your GCMS notes via ATIP. if it shows you need to see the CJ then CIC bounced the application. If by the time you get the ATIP you have an oath letter/have taken the oath then its all good since the ATIP is free eh!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
If you got Decision Made, everything's good to go. So why are you worrying?? It takes about 4 months after DM to get letter for oath.

baz

Sep 26, 2009
If you got Decision Made, everything's good to go. So why are you worrying??\?
No, this is incorrect. If you get decision made, and you were not given an RQ and everything went well in the test, then I suppose you can say everything's good to go. On the other hand, if you are given a RQ, then everything may not be good to go. Look at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas - see the section Decision Made, you can still get denied.

It takes about 4 months after DM to get letter for oath.
How do you know this? Can you point me to information, or is this your opinion?

Thanks for answering my post puda, appreciate the feedback you have given.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

Humm, so if they already made their decision, why would they send you a RQ??? + If you failed the test, why take a decision? They will simply have to invite you to another test without making a decision.

It's just doesn't make sense I am sorry. Can you give me some examples of people who had 'Decison Made' and got a RQ? Or CIC sent them another test invite after saying 'Decision Made'.

Getting Denied yes but that's because you probably failed your interview and there is no way you can become Canadian for different reasons. They usually tell you during the interview when something is wrong.

Regarding the oath letter well if you look at some stats, that's usually the time it takes to become citizen after your test. I am tired of seeing people complaining because they passed their test a month ago and didn't get their oath letter yet... I mean, seriously??!

baz

Sep 26, 2009
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

Humm, so if they already made their decision, why would they send you a RQ??? + If you failed the test, why take a decision? They will simply have to invite you to another test without making a decision.
Okay, you did not read my original post. It is a few posts up, but I did get a RQ! Please read the context of why I made this statement.

It's just doesn't make sense I am sorry.
Yes it does - you are assuming something because you have not read my circumstances.

Can you give me some examples of people who had 'Decison Made' and got a RQ? Or CIC sent them another test invite after saying 'Decision Made'.
This is NOT my circumstance. Again, please read about my circumstances a few posts up.

Getting Denied yes but that's because you probably failed your interview and there is no way you can become Canadian for different reasons. They usually tell you during the interview when something is wrong.
Wrong! You can get denied if you were given a RQ after your test (my circumstance). When your status changes to "decision made", in my case, it could still be a denial.

Regarding the oath letter well if you look at some stats, that's usually the time it takes to become citizen after your test. I am tired of seeing people complaining because they passed their test a month ago and didn't get their oath letter yet... I mean, seriously??!
But there are lots of people who normally get their letter in one month after their status changes to "decision made".

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
You received your RQ before getting Decision Made. Yes I got it.

Now to me, it's a good thing. Maybe they rejected you but I really doubt it. To me seeing Decision Made on your ecas is usually a good thing. Now I am asking you, have you ever heard about someone getting a RQ and then seeing decision made on ecas AND received bad news? AND having a normal application?

Again, people are stressing out for nothing really! Unless there is a big red flag on your application saying that you won't be able to get citizenship because of something you didn't tell us.

If your application is normal, I don't know why you would be rejected. Anyway please, be patient and wait. You sent the documents they requested, after 1.5 months they reviewed your case and made their decision. I don't know why you see the glass half empty here. I received a RQ during my Permanent Residence application and it was routine. Got my visa after a couple month.

But there are lots of people who normally get their letter in one month after their status changes to "decision made".
Well, none of the December applicants.

baz

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks Puda. I think you are correct. I don't anyone who got a decision made after a RQ and got rejected, but then again, I don't know anyone who was in that circumstance and got accepted: In short, I don't know of any case (within these forums) that are akin to mine.

But thank you, your words are very encouraging.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
baz said:
Thanks Puda. I think you are correct. I don't anyone who got a decision made after a RQ and got rejected, but then again, I don't know anyone who was in that circumstance and got accepted: In short, I don't know of any case (within these forums) that are akin to mine.

But thank you, your words are very encouraging.
See the glass half full my friend ;) And let us know!