reeeeza

Sep 23, 2017
Citizenship Timeline -
App Sent: May 15, 2015
App Recd: May 21, 2015
AOR: July 22, 2015
Processing Started: August 10, 2015
Test Date: May 18, 2016
CIT 0520 RQ: May 18, 2016 (Responded: May 21, 2016)
Another RQ by supervisor officer: October 27, 2016 (Responded: November 24, 2016)
curent: 30 Sep. 2017: Processing!
Any idea?!

reeeeza

Sep 23, 2017
No, the officer asked a couple of questions about two times of US visa's I have on my passport but both were only for 1 or 2 weeks which I visited Harvard medical school to finish my post graduate paper works over there (in 2011 and 2012!). When I was submitting my documents in addition to incorporation documents I have, I left the T4 and NOA of the paid taxes for 2015 and T1 for 2011 through 2014 in the package but don't know why she was insisting for income from Harvard school, in fact, I had never been paid from.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Citizenship Timeline -
App Sent: May 15, 2015
App Recd: May 21, 2015
AOR: July 22, 2015
Processing Started: August 10, 2015
Test Date: May 18, 2016
CIT 0520 RQ: May 18, 2016 (Responded: May 21, 2016)
Another RQ by supervisor officer: October 27, 2016 (Responded: November 24, 2016)
curent: 30 Sep. 2017: Processing!
Any idea?!
Any idea about what?

About how long it will be before you see the next step taken?

Hard to guess. It has gone on long enough now, however, you can probably anticipate news about the next step any day . . . but there is no guarantee it will be soon. And of course the timing is in significant part dependent on what the next step is.

About what the next step will be?

There are limited options, which I'd guess you already know (should know anyway). Which of those will actually happen next is impossible to guess given the very limited information you provide.

To be clear, next step could be:

-- scheduled to take the oath
-- scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Officer
-- scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Judge

Technically the next step could be notice that your application is being rejected. But it appears the question, the issue in your case, is whether you met the 3/4 Residency rule in effect on the date you applied (May 2015).

Given how long it has been since you submitted the response to the second RQ, the more likely guess (emphasizing it is indeed largely a guess) is that your case is in queue waiting for the Citizenship Officer to complete the FPAT for a referral to a Citizenship Judge, or if that is completed, in queue waiting to be scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Judge. That would not be good news. That would mean that IRCC has, in effect, declined to grant citizenship but on the grounds you did not meet the residency requirement, which entitles you to have a CJ consider and decide the case.

Or, are you asking for any idea about what the outcome will be?

You for sure know these options: application approved and citizenship granted, OR, application denied.

Given the stage of processing, there appears to be a substantial risk of the latter, that the application will be denied. But you do not give anywhere near enough information to allow so much as a wild guess as to which way this is going . . . beyond, again, the fact that given the stage of processing, that in itself suggests a real risk you could be denied citizenship.

There are many facts and circumstances which would be relevant to an assessment of the merits and risks of being denied. I will not try to enumerate even the more important ones except the most obvious one: the number of days you declared you were actually physically present in Canada during the four years prior to May 2015. If that number is less than 1120, and definitely if less than 1095, the risk of a negative outcome is high.

I will mention one other really big factor: whether you have been living and working in Canada since applying, and if not, when did you leave Canada.

reeeeza

Sep 23, 2017
Any idea about what?

About how long it will be before you see the next step taken?

Hard to guess. It has gone on long enough now, however, you can probably anticipate news about the next step any day . . . but there is no guarantee it will be soon. And of course the timing is in significant part dependent on what the next step is.

About what the next step will be?

There are limited options, which I'd guess you already know (should know anyway). Which of those will actually happen next is impossible to guess given the very limited information you provide.

To be clear, next step could be:

-- scheduled to take the oath
-- scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Officer
-- scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Judge

Technically the next step could be notice that your application is being rejected. But it appears the question, the issue in your case, is whether you met the 3/4 Residency rule in effect on the date you applied (May 2015).

Given how long it has been since you submitted the response to the second RQ, the more likely guess (emphasizing it is indeed largely a guess) is that your case is in queue waiting for the Citizenship Officer to complete the FPAT for a referral to a Citizenship Judge, or if that is completed, in queue waiting to be scheduled for an interview/hearing with a Citizenship Judge. That would not be good news. That would mean that IRCC has, in effect, declined to grant citizenship but on the grounds you did not meet the residency requirement, which entitles you to have a CJ consider and decide the case.

Or, are you asking for any idea about what the outcome will be?

You for sure know these options: application approved and citizenship granted, OR, application denied.

Given the stage of processing, there appears to be a substantial risk of the latter, that the application will be denied. But you do not give anywhere near enough information to allow so much as a wild guess as to which way this is going . . . beyond, again, the fact that given the stage of processing, that in itself suggests a real risk you could be denied citizenship.

There are many facts and circumstances which would be relevant to an assessment of the merits and risks of being denied. I will not try to enumerate even the more important ones except the most obvious one: the number of days you declared you were actually physically present in Canada during the four years prior to May 2015. If that number is less than 1120, and definitely if less than 1095, the risk of a negative outcome is high.

I will mention one other really big factor: whether you have been living and working in Canada since applying, and if not, when did you leave Canada.
I really appreciate your detailed information you provided here, Thank you.
But what about if I have/provided multivariate strong pieces of evidence supporting way more than 3/4 residency time along with more than 600 pages including: utility bills, property tax, Rogers bill, bank statement (wow you can't believe: 5 years) , Taxes (T1, T4, NOA-personal, Incorporation and Sole) and lease agreement for a period of time I was not owning my house. The interesting thing was the error of the officer and supervisor: for the period of time I mentioned in residency calculator for being in the US, instead, they were asking me why you have claimed you were in Canada for that period of time, it was totally wrong and in opposite direction of my claim!
Common guys!
The officer had a partial and not in a detailed look at my LinkedIn account and based on the wrong information she assumed (not collected), was insisting on wrong ideas about my work history; in my LinkedIn account I put: X School: 2008-2011 but she was insisting you have mentioned you are working over there!
Yesterday, I went to the local office of my MP and asked help for this situation I have. I made a Case Specific Enquiry 4 days ago too but maybe I will need to be prepared for getting a lawyer for the tough time I guess I will have. I'm not expert in this forum or the rules about it but if anyone could suggest any lawyer could help me in this matter please leave me a pm I can at least have a start-up meeting with her/him.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
But what about if I have/provided multivariate strong pieces of evidence supporting way more than 3/4 residency time along with more than 600 pages including: utility bills, property tax, Rogers bill, bank statement (wow you can't believe: 5 years) , Taxes (T1, T4, NOA-personal, Incorporation and Sole) and lease agreement for a period of time I was not owning my house. The interesting thing was the error of the officer and supervisor: for the period of time I mentioned in residency calculator for being in the US, instead, they were asking me why you have claimed you were in Canada for that period of time, it was totally wrong and in opposite direction of my claim!
Common guys!
The officer had a partial and not in a detailed look at my LinkedIn account and based on the wrong information she assumed (not collected), was insisting on wrong ideas about my work history; in my LinkedIn account I put: X School: 2008-2011 but she was insisting you have mentioned you are working over there!
Yesterday, I went to the local office of my MP and asked help for this situation I have. I made a Case Specific Enquiry 4 days ago too but maybe I will need to be prepared for getting a lawyer for the tough time I guess I will have. I'm not expert in this forum or the rules about it but if anyone could suggest any lawyer could help me in this matter please leave me a pm I can at least have a start-up meeting with her/him.

What a pathetic situation from IRCC. I feel so sorry about this. Hire a lawyer.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Common guys!
First of all, I want to thank you sharing the story of the officer peeking into your LinkedIn profile.

I would like to share a few points: The CBP and CBSA records during the period 2011-2012 are not particularly reliable, in other words, border agencies can't help much. When it comes to RO, the burden of proof is on the applicant, not on IRCC. See if you have credit card statements which can show that you actually spent money and hence time here in Canada. Especially before and after your Harvard visits. If there is another enquiry, you can submit that.

I am not sure lawyer can help at this stage. That said, one forum member recommended a lawyer who helped him/her to get the citizenship sorted out. You can start a thread with catchy title which would elicit some response...