+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ April 2013

canton

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Guys,
I need your help and suggestions for RQ. I got my RQ yesterday from Mississauga office. Submitted my application Feb 2012 along with my son.
After almost 16 months got RQ. now need to reply within 45 days. My weakness is my stay in Canada only for few months during 4 years but mentioned in my file more than 1095 days. My son was studying back home in India and I mentioned in his application that he is studying backhome but I mentioned that I have been living here and working as self employed.
I have maintained reasonable evidences but not very strong. Now I need suggestions about the situation,should I reply with weak evidences or should
withdraw my application. What consequences I can see if I challenge it and what will happen if I withdraw?
Can I apply later with real stay of 3 years?
I would really appreciate if LEON and other experts can advise me.

Thanks,

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not fill the RQ. They will close the file automatically after sometime. Apply again when you meet the requirements.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canton said:
Hi Guys,
I need your help and suggestions for RQ. I got my RQ yesterday from Mississauga office. Submitted my application Feb 2012 along with my son.
After almost 16 months got RQ. now need to reply within 45 days. My weakness is my stay in Canada only for few months during 4 years but mentioned in my file more than 1095 days. My son was studying back home in India and I mentioned in his application that he is studying backhome but I mentioned that I have been living here and working as self employed.
I have maintained reasonable evidences but not very strong. Now I need suggestions about the situation,should I reply with weak evidences or should
withdraw my application. What consequences I can see if I challenge it and what will happen if I withdraw?

Thanks,
You are a clear example of a fraudelent applicant.

Actions such as yours have necessitated CIC to increase the issuing of RQ's to thousands of applicants including those who are genuine but are caught up in the 'false residence' mess you and others such as yourself have created.

Ignore the RQ the file will be classed as abandoned and closed. Alternatively withdraw in writing. CiC may decide to prosecute though and your next application will most likely and should include a RQ and detailed review.

Parliament should strengthen and amend/ introduce misrepresentation clauses in the Citizenship Act as they have in the IRPA to make fraudelent applicants inadmissible to Canada.

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure, what kind of advice can be given, when rules are intentionally not followed and then, you are depending on the chance that your application will get through without any RQ. Its injustice to those that are following the system and going by the rules..

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know you have all the good intentions on why you would want to be a part of this great dominion but alongside with your good intentions must always be a true representation of the facts and circumstances that will lead you to become one. If you withdraw your application or intentionally let it be declared abandoned, the next time you and your child applied for citizenship you will be flagged and maybe undergoes more strict scrutiny from CIC. Better hire a certified immigration lawyers early as today. Best of luck to you and to your son.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Msafiri.

Msafiri said:

Actions such as yours have necessitated CIC to increase the issuing of RQ's to thousands of applicants including those who are genuine but are caught up in the 'false residence' mess you and others such as yourself have created.

Ignore the RQ the file will be classed as abandoned and closed. Alternatively withdraw in writing. CiC may decide to prosecute though and your next application will most likely and should include a RQ and detailed review.

Parliament should strengthen and amend/ introduce misrepresentation clauses in the Citizenship Act as they have in the IRPA to make fraudelent applicants inadmissible to Canada.

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
Msafiri said:

Nobody can say it better, Hats off Msafiri!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
canton said:
My weakness is my stay in Canada only for few months during 4 years but mentioned in my file more than 1095 days.
This is exactly why they are issuing RQ's. You lived abroad paid very little taxes and want to be a Citizen. Because of a very few people like you thousands of hard working tax paying genuine applicants are caught up in this RQ mess.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Halloum said:
Do not fill the RQ. They will close the file automatically after sometime. Apply again when you meet the requirements.
Is this true? Surely they shouldn't just ignore fraudulent activity and allow people to stay in the country. Isn't there some sort of penalty, or at the very least, revocation of Pr status?

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
canton said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
I am not sure how much cheap you are trying to get something you are not even eligible for.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Even if you ignore the RQ and/or withdraw the application, CIC keeps a record of everything submitted. Next time you apply, they have a right to ask you to account for your time since you first entered Canada and not just the relevant 4-year period. So you may have to face up to this "weakness".

In an attempt to avoid the RQ, you actually brought it upon yourself. Self-employment is one of the triage criteria/risk factors that may cause a RQ to be issued.

Here's the list: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-requirements-checklist-reasons-for-a-residence-questionnaire-t131555.0.html

canton said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,

galingal

Oct 4, 2012
My weakness is my stay in Canada only for few months during 4 years but mentioned in my file more than 1095 days.

I kept myself quite after I read this but I really cant anymore.. It bothers me a lots, we should not neglected this issue. I don't blame CIC about issuing RQs but you know what!! It causes many lives who are innocent because people like you!