+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ and Expired Passport

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

I have received RQ (family application) in 2012 and submitted all documents. Now my wife's passport will expire some time next month, so she has renewed her passport.

1. Do I need to submit copy of new passport to local office (St Clair)? Otherwise in 2016 they will ask, what is this new passport and give me one more RQ which will be processed in 2020.... :)

2. Can I travel for 1 month vacation while application is in RQ - In process/In RQ Shelf :) ? Will there be any problem at port of entry?

Thanks,
IBM

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
Hi,
I think it's a good idea to send them copies of the new passport.
I do not know about traveling when u are RQ'd.
Good luck,

Maisa

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
IBM said:
Hi,

I have received RQ (family application) in 2012 and submitted all documents. Now my wife's passport will expire some time next month, so she has renewed her passport.

1. Do I need to submit copy of new passport to local office (St Clair)? Otherwise in 2016 they will ask, what is this new passport and give me one more RQ which will be processed in 2020.... :)

2. Can I travel for 1 month vacation while application is in RQ - In process/In RQ Shelf :) ? Will there be any problem at port of entry?

Thanks,
IBM
I had the same situation, now my wife has a new passport but I did not send it.
We will keep both passport during test.
I think it is ok..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Hi,

Thanks,
IBM
1. Sure it will save time in future if they decide to ask for it.
2. Sure but watch that you maintain 730 days Residency Obligation (if you had 1095 days at application and have not left Canada then not much of a risk).

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.

1. Yes, I am going mail them the copy of new passport. I think this will make the life easy at later stage.

2. Yes, I have more than 1095 days on application (applied in 2011) and also never traveled outside Canada after 2011.

Thanks
IBM.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
tst said:
I had the same situation, now my wife has a new passport but I did not send it.
We will keep both passport during test.
I think it is ok..
Hi Did you get RQ?

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi IBM,
I have similar case to yours in terms of US entry etc (indian passport as well, been in IBm as well :)). Is it possible to contact you?

Thanks

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
cancitz said:
Hi IBM,
I have similar case to yours in terms of US entry etc (indian passport as well, been in IBm as well :)). Is it possible to contact you?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, Please send PM from this web site. I will reply to the PM.

Thanks
IBM.

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi - I am a new member and not able to send message. I dont have much idea about this site - not sure if you able to send me message.

Regards

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
cocosyr said:
Hi Did you get RQ?
No, not yet, I already passed three months in processing stage :)
I don't think we should send them any small updates, e.g. new passport.
I also have CBSA report and health report but I am not sending to them.
I will keep it with me.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
cancitz said:
Hi - I am a new member and not able to send message. I dont have much idea about this site - not sure if you able to send me message.

Regards
Hi,

Done. Please check your inbox (top of the forum on right side). If you go to inbox and reply to the message, it will be private and will come to me. I can reply to the message.

Thanks
IBM.

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the same IBM! I received your message and I dont have option to reply back :( . May be you can send your mail id in next mesage and then I can mail back from my personal mail and send my info.

Thanks

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to have 10 posts on the forum before it will let you send PM's. Post 7 more messages and it will be enabled.