+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ AFTER OATH CONFIRMATION

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
tst said:
coolcanadian, It is indeed frustrating, it was a very simple request, they should not do like this!!
but we don't have any power to argue.
But don't give up and just reply RQ and forget it, I have seen many RQ got outcome very fast.

I am also scheduled for test on Aug 12th in Scarborough.
How was your experience ? how was the test & interview?
Can you please share me in brief ? you can also send private message.

I really appreciate your help.
How did it go for you buddy?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Hello everyone,
i applied in 2010 feb,
RQ and test 2011 march,
from then waiting waiting waiting,
they told me in 2013 feb i will have to see citizenship judge hearing.
does any one has this waiting time to see citizenship judge at st.clair office toronto?????

please respond.
please and thank you..!!!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@Leon I have a friend who got his citizenship in 2011. He and his wife got RQ and FP, however, it took them 9 months only to get their citizenship.

j4sharm

Oct 10, 2013
Hi,
I am also in the same situation as yours.Cleared the test and given RQ the same day.It really feels like screeming. And really started having feeling that its really bad administration on cic end. I applied for PR in 2001 got PR in 2008.Landed in canada in 2009. And now after waiting for such a long time CIC is asking for the Residence questionnaire form to show if I really stayed in Canada and fullfilled 3 yr residency. Passport is a legal document and has all the stamps for exit and entry.If this is how they want to play with people's time and money then please dont even give test dates instead ask the documents before scheduling the test. I am really feeling like that this country is now not worth getting citizenship. All the documents asked in RQ seems to me as if applying for a PR from step1. Somebody should please take some neccessary steps so that people are not harassed.
Thanks

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey margobear96,

They are talking about people with higher education (PHD). I experienced it first hand with my friend who actually is in the process of getting his Green Card with his family. He has been there for a year now on a visa and will be getting his GC soon. He has a PHD and his research is wanted big time in the US. So yes, applications do get processed fairly quickly for people with higher education. If you don't have a PHD you shouldn't deny the reality. On the other hand, my cousin had troubles to get his GC. He has a bachelors from an American Uni and was struggling with his application's processing time. I believe it took more than 4 years.

Anyhow, FACT: PHD students (STEM fields) do actually get their GC quick quick quick :D

margobear96 said:
Spoken like a man who's never had to deal with INS/ICE ::). I applied for US citizenship three times before I got it. First time when processing times were at 2 years (they just raised fees), they lost my application. Second time I had one absence a little over 6 months -- IO had discretion to accept or deny. She chose to deny -- even though I've lived in the US since I was 5 y.o., got my Greencard as a minor and the absence, not in my "home" country, was due to work for an American company Third time (only a few months after the denial when that 6-month absence was no longer in the relevant look back period) was the charm, and the interview mostly consisted of the IO scribbling in my file and muttering that the previous IO should have passed me. In my personal experience, CIC is a huge improvement from INS/ICE -- I only had to apply once for PR and got it in a little over 5 months. As an American, I really don't understand why so many people who have issues with Canada fetishize the US...in totality, language issues aside, Canada is the 51st state, but with single payer healthcare. ;D

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
farrous13 said:
hey margobear96,

They are talking about people with higher education (PHD). I experienced it first hand with my friend who actually is in the process of getting his Green Card with his family. He has been there for a year now on a visa and will be getting his GC soon. He has a PHD and his research is wanted big time in the US. So yes, applications do get processed fairly quickly for people with higher education. If you don't have a PHD you shouldn't deny the reality. On the other hand, my cousin had troubles to get his GC. He has a bachelors from an American Uni and was struggling with his application's processing time. I believe it took more than 4 years.

Anyhow, FACT: PHD students (STEM fields) do actually get their GC quick quick quick :D
Well, the original poster who Margobear and myself were replying to, said that a PhD with publications would get a visa pretty quick. This isn't true, and neither is what you say. Some PhD students, in some STEM fields, will get a GC fairly quickly. However, STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics; and it simply isn't the case that everyone with a PhD in these fields can emigrate to the United States with ease.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
Hello,
I was sponsored to come to Canada by my ex now we are divorced and i got remarried to someone back home.....my five years will finish in few days however i became a Canadian citizen last month....does this law still effect me as I am a citizen now?
Hi coolcanadian, I ran across this old message. Did you end up getting citizenship anyway? Was there no problem with not returning the RQ in the end? Or did you decide to return it after all?

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Hi coolcanadian, I ran across this old message. Did you end up getting citizenship anyway? Was there no problem with not returning the RQ in the end? Or did you decide to return it after all?
Heh, was there any RQ? Coolcanadian was flooding the forum with that question last year. He claimed he had received his citizenship in August 2013, and was in a hurry to sponsor his 2nd wife from Pakistan. My best gut feeling is there was no RQ at all, or he wasn't that 'contempt' to begin with and sent his response immidiately. :p

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
Heh, was there any RQ? Coolcanadian was flooding the forum with that question last year. He claimed he had received his citizenship in August 2013, and was in a hurry to sponsor his 2nd wife from Pakistan. My best gut feeling is there was no RQ at all, or he wasn't that 'contempt' to begin with and sent his response immidiately. :p
Is he from Pakistan??

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
SLC, I don't think that's relevant.
I was just asking, bcoz he said had a PhD and could go anywhere without a hiccup. Pakistanis can travel without a visa to Comoros and a few African countries only. Which subject does he have a PhD in?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
I was just asking, bcoz he said had a PhD and could go anywhere without a hiccup. Pakistanis can travel without a visa to Comoros and a few African countries only.
Ah.

The account may not be entirely trustworthy.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Is he from Pakistan??
Well, he said he had found his second wife 'back home', so... :) Does the country matter? :)

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
I feel like shouting screaming i feel like beating my own self up. I been a dumb fool. I took my citizenship test few weeks ago at Scarborough Town all went extremely well. I was told to expect my Oath invitation in 6-8 weeks. Two weeks ago i was told by my boss that i had to travel to Vancouver for a 4 weeks training session. I called CIC just to find out the status of my application. I was told my Oath day will be at the end of August and they are in the process of sending me the Oath invitation. Silly me i advised the agent of my job situation and requested if that can be reschedule. Today I had received RQ in mail. I feel so helpless i feel like withdrawing my application feel like giving up my PR and just return back to my country. This is ridiculous what CIC had done to me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is anyone in the same or similar situation as I am????I am sure there must be plenty of victims just like myself :( :( :(
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, take a look at my profile :)
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.