+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF-Request to pay fees - message

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi all, got a message this morning asking me to pay my fees as the review of my application was under way. I though this had to be paid, if select, at the end of the process, what does this mean in terms of where my application is?

Wording:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The eligibility and admissibility
review (security, criminality and/or medical) is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional
information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.

Last edited:

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi all, got a message this morning asking me to pay my fees as the review of my application was under way. I though this had to be paid, if select, at the end of the process, what does this mean in terms of where my application is?

Wording:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The eligibility and admissibility
review (security, criminality and/or medical) is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional
information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.
anyone?

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
When you submit your application, you have to pay fees for application processing + RPRF, however they give you option to pay later for RPRF.
This means you have chosen to pay later, so that's why they are asking you to pay this fees.
I also did same, and now at 7th month they asked me few documents and asked me to pay for RPRF. I have paid 980 Dollars for myself and my spouse.
Have they given you any link to follow and pay? I was given a link to follow and pay but that link was taking me nowhere, after all attempt since there is no channel to contact CIC via email to get advise to what to do in this situation, I searched for RPRF payment, google took me to CIC website payment page, and I paid my fees over there and got receipt of payment, same I have uploaded.

You need to do same, I have uploaded it yesterday, if you have time wait for me, if there will be any problem with it CIC will notify me and I can update you.

Reactions: Ammar30

dexternmn

Feb 27, 2017
When you submit your application, you have to pay fees for application processing + RPRF, however they give you option to pay later for RPRF.
This means you have chosen to pay later, so that's why they are asking you to pay this fees.
I also did same, and now at 7th month they asked me few documents and asked me to pay for RPRF. I have paid 980 Dollars for myself and my spouse.
Have they given you any link to follow and pay? I was given a link to follow and pay but that link was taking me nowhere, after all attempt since there is no channel to contact CIC via email to get advise to what to do in this situation, I searched for RPRF payment, google took me to CIC website payment page, and I paid my fees over there and got receipt of payment, same I have uploaded.

You need to do same, I have uploaded it yesterday, if you have time wait for me, if there will be any problem with it CIC will notify me and I can update you.
Hi, By RPRF, do you mean the fee applicant pay while submitting e-Apr and reccievs AOR ? Or this is additional fee paid at some point later I.e. post IP2 ? I have got doubt as I too have paid the exact amount while submitting e-Apr....

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016

I have paid it now, but my confusion was, I don't get when submitting my application, why give me the option to pay it later when may application has barely started, e.g. no even passed medicals yet.

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
I have paid it now, but my confusion was, I don't get when submitting my application, why give me the option to pay it later when may application has barely started, e.g. no even passed medicals yet.
Dear we cannot predict why they are asking it now, they have their own procedures and way of work. Anyhow this fee which is refundable in case of refusal (May god forbid) needs to be paid, either initially or post IP2 before PPR. Don't worry just pray thing keep moving.

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
I think medicals not passed is not alarming. Some applicants are getting medicals passed at later stage. hope you did not have any issues with your medical results. from BG status, your app looks in IP2 stage, may be they are verifying your PCCs/reference letters etc. Hopefully, something soon for you i anticipate...And wish you a PPR soon...Good luck

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
BTW, getting a RPRF request is a good thing...but does not mean sure shot approval...

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
I think medicals not passed is not alarming. Some applicants are getting medicals passed at later stage. hope you did not have any issues with your medical results. from BG status, your app looks in IP2 stage, may be they are verifying your PCCs/reference letters etc. Hopefully, something soon for you i anticipate...And wish you a PPR soon...Good luck
thanks! I phoned up earlier this week and they said the review is complete and ready to finalize! which is good news, but they are waiting on the 2nd x-ray! so looks like a wait until October before any chance of PPR!

The medical for my partner was they thought she had something on the lungs, so need 6 monthly x-ray. She has been seen be a consultant in the UK who said there is nothing there and she is fine, so not to concerned about it.

Reactions: maddy4u123

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
My RPRF request letter said:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

<RPRF fee details>

I am currently at NA2. Please check my timeline... Does this mean they completed my checks or they are just starting my checks?