+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF question

psalmon

Jun 22, 2010
Hi guys
Just a quick question - we applied for PR through skilled workers program, sent our initial application to the CIO and it's now being processed in Buffalo. Got a letter from Buffalo today requesting medicals and for us to pay the RPRF fee. I'm not sure whether to send the bankers draft for this to buffalo or to the CIO. Does anyone know? On this website:

canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

it says that skilled workers should send fees to CIO but i'm not sure if that's just processing fees and the RPRF I should send to Buffalo as they've asked for it? If it is buffalo but from my canadian bank account i make it out to the Receiver General for Canada right?

Also what kind of time frame are we looking at now for completion of the process? (We're getting the medicals done tomorrow).

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

psalmon said:
Hi guys
Just a quick question - we applied for PR through skilled workers program, sent our initial application to the CIO and it's now being processed in Buffalo. Got a letter from Buffalo today requesting medicals and for us to pay the RPRF fee. I'm not sure whether to send the bankers draft for this to buffalo or to the CIO. Does anyone know? On this website:

canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

it says that skilled workers should send fees to CIO but i'm not sure if that's just processing fees and the RPRF I should send to Buffalo as they've asked for it? If it is buffalo but from my canadian bank account i make it out to the Receiver General for Canada right?

Also what kind of time frame are we looking at now for completion of the process? (We're getting the medicals done tomorrow).
Application is in Buffalo, you send the RPRF to Buffalo. Medicals about 3/4 weeks for Buffalo to access on line, then passport request, (assuming background/security back) about 3 months from the date of the medical for the return of the COPR. Receiver General for Canada. If paying in Canadian funds, make your payment instrument payable to the Receiver
General for Canada. Payment in Canadian funds by bank draft or certified cheque must be drawn on a bank located in Canada.
 Print your name on the back of the bank draft.