+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF payment is requested again despite it was requested and paid 2 months ago

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had received an RPRF payment request on May 30, with a standard RPRF request letter. I paid for me and my spouse separately and uploaded the 2 receipts in 2 separate fields that had appeared. I also checked my credit card statement, and confirmed that the payment reached IRCC.

Yesterday, I got an update on MyCIC. Background check was changed to In Progress. As I was about to rejoice, I noticed another status change: We need an additional document from the applicant. I went straight to messages and saw this:

Dear ****************,
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we
require the following information/documents:
 ************- ****************:
 > RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp A Copy of your receipt must be received
at this office by: 2016/08/03

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on
the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English
or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies
signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely

Very much puzzled, I clicked on "View Submitted Application" and confirmed that the 2 uploaded receipts are still there with a green status of "Provided", and right under them, a new field: Replacement Needed
RPRF (required)

IRCC was basically asking me to pay the RPRF that I had already paid.

The peculiarities do not end there. I followed the given link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp) with intentions to pay again, thinking I would ask for a refund of the first payment. I selected my country, and then the payment type as Express Entry--Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I clicked Get Payment Instructions button. And voila: In the page that opened up, warning message greeted me: Important: Processing fees for programs under Express Entry must be paid through your MyCIC Account. I was confused knowing post-application RPRF payments cannot be done through MyCIC account. The button "Pay my fee online" was still there so I clicked it, and it took me to the login page for MyCIC! Not to the online payment portal!

I logged into MyCIC and started to look for a functionality to make the RPRF payment, but to no avail. Nothing was changed in terms of features, there was simply no option to pay RPRF (post-application).

Now I have these questions in mind:

1- Should I just combine the 2 receipts into 1 PDF, add a letter of explanation in the same PDF as a cover letter, and then upload it to the new field?
2- Should I pay again and then ask for refund for the first payment later on? However, there is the suspicion caused by the warning message: Important: Processing fees for programs under Express Entry must be paid through your MyCIC Account. This simply cannot be done!

I already tried calling them but noone picked up. A CSE would take too long to get a response, I only have 7 days.

So what do you think I should do? And is there anyone else who experienced the same?

Your help is highly appreciated!

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
IMO, you should just upload the receipts again, and provide a LOE.
Thank you, istari. Already raised a CSE, mentioning I will upload the same receipts, and asked them to guide me through this if there is something I am overlooking (just to be safe). I will create a PDF with the following:

1- LoE;
2- The receipts;
3- Credit Card statement showing the payment was received by IRCC;
4- Payment confirmation emails from IRCC;
5- A screenshot of MyCIC account showing already uploaded receipts.

Should be safe enough...

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
Thank you, istari. Already raised a CSE, mentioning I will upload the same receipts, and asked them to guide me through this if there is something I am overlooking (just to be safe). I will create a PDF with the following:

1- LoE;
2- The receipts;
3- Credit Card statement showing the payment was received by IRCC;
4- Payment confirmation emails from IRCC;
5- A screenshot of MyCIC account showing already uploaded receipts.

Should be safe enough...
I would also call them and explain the issue to the agent. CSE takes 10 business days before it been linked to the application.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.Mostafa said:
I would also call them and explain the issue to the agent. CSE takes 10 business days before it been linked to the application.
I know. I just could not get through to an agent yet. In any case, I think the LoE will explain everything clear enough.

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
My advice to you is to send the RPRF receipt via e-mail or fax to your LVO asap.
I had the same situation and 1 month after I uploaded it in myCIC agian (and even raised a CSE with LOE) my application was refused due to no communication from my side.
Fortunately I managed to explain everything later and my case was re-opened, but why take the chances? Just send it also to the LVO via e-mail or fax to be on the safe side. Good luck!

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kane89 said:
My advice to you is to send the RPRF receipt via e-mail or fax to your LVO asap.
I had the same situation and 1 month after I uploaded it in myCIC agian (and even raised a CSE with LOE) my application was refused due to no communication from my side.
Fortunately I managed to explain everything later and my case was re-opened, but why take the chances? Just send it also to the LVO via e-mail or fax to be on the safe side. Good luck!
Kane89, your help is golden. Thanks a lot!

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kane89 said:
How did you get a hold of your LVO's fax number?

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raised a CSE;
Uploaded the RPRF receipts to MyCIC in a PDF that begins with a LoE;
E-mailed the Ankara Visa Office, delivering the RPRF receipts + a LoE + other proof of payment.

Now crossing my fingers and waiting! ;D

I will update this topic with the outcome so anyone experiencing the same in the future can refer.

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
The fax number was written in the RPRF request letter, so I just used some of the free online fax sending services.

haznac said:
Raised a CSE;
E-mailed the Ankara Visa Office, delivering the RPRF receipts + a LoE + other proof of payment.

I will update this topic with the outcome so anyone experiencing the same in the future can refer.
Don't worry, it's just a technical glitch at their end. You did everything right and will get your PPR soon :)

SMB0015

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
haznac said:
Raised a CSE;

HI,

Even I have received the same request yesterday through my consultant, although our medicals are done and updated and rprf fees paid. The above was done and completed by March 2016 but instead of PPR we are asked to do meds and pay RPRF Fees again!! We also have GCMS notes confirming the receipt and acceptance of the same.

Kindly update your outcome and what was the response from cic?

Have you received your PPR ?

Thanks and regards.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
I have also been asked to replace the RPRF, although I paid RPRF in 22/1/2016. I have provided everything with my application to HKVO. I am a paper based applicant. I checked online payment system with CIC receipt number and found that 980 CAD have been paid. Now what should I do now. I have raised a CSE along with the pdf copy of CIC money receipt. But still no response. I have to submit the document by 27 th of this month. Any advice is highly appreciated.

SaeChal

Oct 1, 2019
Raised a CSE;

Hi, I am in the same situation right now. What do you suggest - shall i raise a webform or Pay the rprf again?