+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF payable "Canadian Consulate General" or "Receiver General Canada - Detroit"

Carlos1982

Aug 20, 2010
Urgent help please!

My VO is Detroit. I have to pay the Right of Permanent Residence FEE.

I just got my draft payable to "Receiver General for Canada - Detroit" (I saw this at the VO website)

HOWEVER, in the letter I received it says payable to "Canadian Consulate General"

I believe I make a mistake.

What should I do? Should I go to the bank and change the payable name? or is it ok payable to "Receiver General for Canada - Detroit"??

Please urgent help (seniors if possible)

Thanks

PRwait

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Do it as the Letter says ....

For CIO it is Reciever General only , but for Visa office its Canadian Consulate. better chk the website of Detroit VO, on Buffalo VO it is said for RRPF it shld be Canadian Consulate.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Carlos1982 said:
Urgent help please!

My VO is Detroit. I have to pay the Right of Permanent Residence FEE.

I just got my draft payable to "Receiver General for Canada - Detroit" (I saw this at the VO website)

HOWEVER, in the letter I received it says payable to "Canadian Consulate General"

I believe I make a mistake.

What should I do? Should I go to the bank and change the payable name? or is it ok payable to "Receiver General for Canada - Detroit"??
Carlos1982 said:
Hi,

I suppose it should be ''Receiver General for Canada'', no matter where you are gonna pay......Seniors will correct me if i am wrong, but i never heard of RPRF being paid to anyone else....

S

shibuya

If u r paying to canadian consulate it should be in US dollars.
If u opt for Receiver General for Canada it should be in Canadian dollars.