+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF & Medical Request received - Does it mean application is approved already?

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just pondering, does this mean our application is already approved? Or does it mean background check's been done already?

'Appreciate your inputs on this.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
it means that you have made it thus far with all the checks that has happened. It is possible for people to fail medicals. Also some people say that security check happens at the same time as medical request.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: RPRF & Medical Request received - Does it mean application is approved alrea

rupeshhari said:
it means that you have made it thus far with all the checks that has happened. It is possible for people to fail medicals. Also some people say that security check happens at the same time as medical request.
Thanks for the input, Rupeshari. :)

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
I am also in the same stage.... thanks for your input. :)

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
b2c said:
I am also in the same stage.... thanks for your input. :)
Hi b2c,

Your time line shows that London CHC is very fast in processing after getting your full docs!!!

Satish

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CarribRN said:
Just pondering, does this mean our application is already approved? Or does it mean background check's been done already?

'Appreciate your inputs on this.
No, it doesn't mean Approved... it means that your application is 'Accepted'. All docs have been checked, the VO/IO finds your case to be fit for Canadian PR Immigr. and now you are in the 'final review' stage.

After your med results are submitted, a major aspect of b/ground check commences... the security part, called the SDEC & SECCRIM results. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies. If everything is simple & straight, we get our PPR by 2-4 months [provided the PPR didn't come along with the med request -as with the 'fast track' system].

If something is distracting [the reasons can be many], our PPR gets into a spin, then the timeline can be anything till 21 months [as opined by someone, but the 21 month's deadline is unconfirmed].

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
qorax said:
No, it doesn't mean Approved... it means that your application is 'Accepted'. All docs have been checked, the VO/IO finds your case to be fit for Canadian PR Immigr. and now you are in the 'final review' stage.

After your med results are submitted, a major aspect of b/ground check commences... the security part, called the SDEC & SECCRIM results. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies. If everything is simple & straight, we get our PPR by 2-4 months [provided the PPR didn't come along with the med request -as with the 'fast track' system].

If something is distracting [the reasons can be many], our PPR gets into a spin, then the timeline can be anything till 21 months [as opined by someone, but the 21 month's deadline is unconfirmed].
G8,

Comprehensive reply...

Reactions: Hokage

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
qorax said:

hmmm... lots of formalities!!!!

Satish

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanx 'accounts'.

Yes Satish, lots of work there. They want to play us thru-nthru, so that they r doubly sure that we r the right ppl for their country.

However, most of us r likely to make it in the 3-4 months pd after meds. So CarribRN might sail thru smooth.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: RPRF & Medical Request received - Does it mean application is approved alrea

qorax said:
Thanx 'accounts'.

Yes Satish, lots of work there. They want to play us thru-nthru, so that they r doubly sure that we r the right ppl for their country.

However, most of us r likely to make it in the 3-4 months pd after meds. So CarribRN might sail thru smooth.
Oh, I really hope everything will go smoothly. Thanks, guys for the reply.

Fira123

Jan 7, 2010
I submitted my medical and Right of permanent residency fees in October 19. Since then i haven't heard from the Singapore visa office. When wrote them, they replied back "Your file's final decision is pending from Canada. Please await for further contact from this office". I had completed my under graduation in Canada and then came back home worked and applied back again. Any idea why decision can be pending in Canada? Can anyone help? Is it the background security check?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yes Fira,

After we send our med results, our SECCRIM & SDEC commences. In most cases the PPR is issued after 3-4 months from the meds. As I intimated in your other post, plz wait a bit more & u'll be thru successfully.

Regards.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
qorax said:
Yes Fira,

After we send our med results, our SECCRIM & SDEC commences. In most cases the PPR is issued after 3-4 months from the meds. As I intimated in your other post, plz wait a bit more & u'll be thru successfully.

Regards.

As far my case, it is yes......
Once u get RPRF, PP, Medicals, its approved.

Visa recd, but ECAS still in Process..
DAte of Visa stamping 4-1-10

madhur.eng

Aug 7, 2017
HI I received an RPRF on my application today. I have already passed the medical. So what does that mean for me and what is the timeline I am looking at for my PR?