Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all sorry for reposting my query !!
I am a December inland applicant !!
First we received a sponsorship approval ( on sponsors email add ) asking us to pay RPRF stating " It is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, the processing time of your application may be reduced " when intitially while submitting the application , we paid 1040 + 255 for work permit ( which I thought included the RPRF. We still went ahead and paid 490 RPRF thinking if we are paying again then they might just refund us. Did I pay extra ?? I am still so confused !! Few days later we received email (applicant) saying the processing of My PR application is over and the local immigration centre will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of the PR application. So we were looking forward for the landing interview mail but today they send a different email ( to the applicant mail add ) saying - This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada ... etc etc ...
so I am just confused with the sequence of these emails. Is there anything I should be concerned since the last email that they send it ( today) does not say anything about landing interview !!
Just so close to the finish line that every small things seems to bother me !!

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on the approval. Those letters are standard letters and also serve as a reminder for applicants to submit documents and payment if they have not done so.

Seems like you have paid the RPRF twice. For the second RPRF, did you send the receipt to the visa office? If not, you can email a copy of the receipt to IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca and explain that you paid the RPRF fee twice to request a refund.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply. I just went online and paid the RPRF, haven't send any email to any visa office. So am I suppose to email IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca and attach the second payment receipt that I paid online recently and ask for the refund ??

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlre said:
That is correct.

Thank you so much for your time replying to my query !! It's amazing how some of you are so helpful and kind helping others. Hopefully someday with the little experience I have, I would be able to help someone. God bless !! Cheers !!