+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF Advice!!! Urgent!!!

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
Dear Friends,
I've been asked to pay the RPRF fees and my concern is how much to pay for a couple in Indian Rupees? Considering the Canadian dollar rate which is fluctuating daily, I'm not sure of the amount to be paid in Indian Rupees. According to the website which says Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) Effective October 12, 2009 is 21,440 Rs per person. If we calculate today's dollar rate which is 49rs per dollar, the amount tends to be higher than the amount mentioned in the website. Also on whose name DD has to be made?
Seniors please advice at your earliest!!!
Also people who have recently paid RPRF fees at NDVO, Please comment!!!
Thanks
Regards,
arcticmaple.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't visit ND CHC website!! ND VO accept fees in INR.
Cost Recovery Fees
The Department of Citizenship and Immigration charges fees to partially recover the cost of providing certain services to the public .

Processing fees are not refunded for refused or withdrawn applications. Since the processing fee helps defray the cost of processing your application it cannot be refunded even if your application is unsuccessful.

Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_fees-frais_rp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

OMM

arcticmaple said:
Dear Friends,
I've been asked to pay the RPRF fees and my concern is how much to pay for a couple in Indian Rupees? Considering the Canadian dollar rate which is fluctuating daily, I'm not sure of the amount to be paid in Indian Rupees. According to the website which says Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) Effective October 12, 2009 is 21,440 Rs per person. If we calculate today's dollar rate which is 49rs per dollar, the amount tends to be higher than the amount mentioned in the website. Also on whose name DD has to be made?
Thanks
Regards,
arcticmaple.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arcticmaple said:
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply but i'm asking for RPRF fees not the application fees. RPRF fees mentioned in the website is 490$ each.
Thanks!
read above link table last raw:

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

(this will not applicable to you : Please note that for Family Class applicants, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee must be paid by the sponsor in Canada only.) RPRF fees for new immigrant and family class have same fees. so the text is common for both but the RPRF fees for family class is paid in Canada. for new immigrant PR applicant should have to pay in new delhi.

so make a draft on above mentioned name with exact amount (in INR) and sent it.

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just get draft exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi. in INR and send it. thats it.. do not look more online rate becasue you are paying in ND VO in INR.

OMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arcticmaple said:
Dear Friends,
Thanks
Regards,
arcticmaple.
Hi,

Make a draft in Canadian dollars for CAD 490 favoring RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson, ND VO accepted local indian currency (indian rupees) for all major fees (including medical, RPRF for FSW applicant) .

he/she dont have to worried about CAD$, he/she can pay in INR fees mentioned on ND VO FEES website link which I mentioned above in my reply.

no need to convert INR To CAD$ , if applicant convert INR to CAD$ he/she have to pay extra INR commission to bank for convert INR to CAD$.

if applicant pay in INR from his/her bank for RPRF fees he/she dont have to pay any commission or no worry about exchange rate.

he/she have to make demand draft in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi in INR.

OMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omm,

I asked to make DD in CAD because of he is confused and more worried about the fluctuation in exchange rate.

I checked the website for New Delhi and it says:

Cost Recovery Fees

The Department of Citizenship and Immigration charges fees to partially recover the cost of providing certain services to the public .

Processing fees are not refunded for refused or withdrawn applications. Since the processing fee helps defray the cost of processing your application it cannot be refunded even if your application is unsuccessful.

Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi.

Please note that VFS service charge fees are not included in the cost of processing temporary visa applications.

If the incorrect amount or an invalid payment method is used, your application will be returned to you without processing.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
right but thats for temporary visas (like visitor, business etc). VFS do not accept immigration applications or fees payment transactions.

dontworry he/she can pay RPRF fees in INR exact ammount.

OMM

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks a lot omm & wilson your prompt replies!!!
Very much appreciate it.
I checked the website which says amount to be paid is Rs 21,440 per person
So for 2-members it comes to Rs42880. So can i make a DD of 42880 or separate DD?
Regards,
arcticmaple

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can pay, single DD is accepted for 2applicant.

OMM