+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rounding Off experience

Venkat46

Feb 15, 2018
I've small question about rounding off the experience. I've 3.75 Years of experience as ETL developer . My question is when creating a profile in Express Entry can I use 4 years of experience instead of 3.75 Years or should I use 3 Years only . If I use 3 Years of Experience I am unable to register for Express Entry.

I'm not working for last 9 months so does it have any effect on express entry profile..

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've small question about rounding off the experience. I've 3.75 Years of experience as ETL developer . My question is when creating a profile in Express Entry can I use 4 years of experience instead of 3.75 Years or should I use 3 Years only . If I use 3 Years of Experience I am unable to register for Express Entry.

I'm not working for last 9 months so does it have any effect on express entry profile..

Thank You
No - you can't use 4 years of experience. You don't have 4 years of work experience. You can claim 3 years only.

Reactions: Venkat46

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Thank You
No. Unfortunately my friend, 3.75 years will count as 3 years only.
You mean you won't eligible under the 67 point scale with just 3 years of experience?

Reactions: Venkat46

Venkat46

Feb 15, 2018
No. Unfortunately my friend, 3.75 years will count as 3 years only.
You mean you won't eligible under the 67 point scale with just 3 years of experience?
1)Please can you let me know what documents do you need for work experience verification?
2)I've done some part-time paid job(25-30 hrs per week) when I doing my Bachelor's coursework(First year to Final Year), can I count that as work experience, if so how many years will that count?

Last edited:

Venkat46

Feb 15, 2018
No - you can't use 4 years of experience. You don't have 4 years of work experience. You can claim 3 years only.
Thanks for the response
1)Please can you let me know what documents do you need for work experience verification?
2)I've done some part-time paid job(25-30 hrs per week) when I doing my Bachelor's coursework(First year to Final Year), can I count that as work experience, if so how many years will that count?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Need a lot more info to be able to help you...

1)For work experience documents, here is what you need for PR: (Scroll down to "Work Experience")
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
As additional supporting document, you can add-paystubs and/or work contract. But not necessary...

2)CEC or FSW stream?
If CEC, note that your work experience years must not be obtained while you were studying.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=730&top=29

If FSW, you need to settle on how many hours you worked per week. You won't be able to say 25-30hours. It's important in your case because 30 hours is considered Full-time, and anything less than that is Part-Time. When applying, you'll have to decide. Moreover, work experience needs to be continuous and without any breaks. Breaks are part of studies so it's natural to assume your work experience is not continuous. So, you can only include it if your supervisor can write that your work was done with no interruption.

For your question about how many years you can count, it will depend on how many hours exactly per week you've worked. Basically:
**30h/week=1560Hours/year. If 4 years of work experience, then you can claim 4 years, assuming you fulfill all the criteria. I'm just laying down the math here.
**25h/week=1300h/year. If 4 years of work experience, you can only claim 3 years.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

But let's forget these requirements for a second, did you check what NOC you fall under? It needs to be 0 or A or B classification to be eligible...
Check your NOC here and let me know:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Cheers,

Last edited: