+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Round trip to Mexico for landing. Possible?

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I am currently in Vancouver and desperately waiting for landing. I have CoPR approved on Mar 12 so should be exempted from border restrictions travelling from outside of US. I need the PR status for urgent reasons but neither land border nor IRCC office is available for landing right now.

Do you think it possible to travel to Mexico and then fly back and land at the airport? I don't understand Spanish but from what I get from Google, looks like there's no entry restriction in Mexico.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I am not sure of the current restrictions due to covid.
In normal times, you can travel to Mexico without a visa if you have any type of active visa from US or Canada (and a few other countries including Schengen). You can certainly do a day trip to Mexico and come back. You can say you are visiting just for a day or two to Mexico city.

*NOT SURE ABOIT CURRENT COVID SITUATION*

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I am not sure of the current restrictions due to covid.
In normal times, you can travel to Mexico without a visa if you have any type of active visa from US or Canada (and a few other countries including Schengen). You can certainly do a day trip to Mexico and come back. You can say you are visiting just for a day or two to Mexico city.

*NOT SURE ABOIT CURRENT COVID SITUATION*
Thanks for replying. I checked out some news and looks like Mexico is opening up on per county level, and Mexico City (which is hit hardest) is gradually opening from June. Cancun is already welcoming travellers so maybe this would be a better choice.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I am not 100% sure of current situation of Mexico though. I can still wait for a few more time and hopefully I can get email PR confirmation. But as my US status is going to expire and Trump may release some travel ban on L and H visa soon. It might be good for me to have PR status in hand.