+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Room to rent in Toronto before landing in Canada?

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible for new immigrants to find accommodation in Toronto/Ottawa region even before landing in Canada!?

I was hoping to find affordable accommodation in Toronto where I can have enough proof to show to the immigration officers in my "Letter of Intent" to further strengthen my application. Proof can be like an offer of accommodation for 3/6 months and I can pay once I reach there etc. What do you think?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny_Sharma said:
Is it possible for new immigrants to find accommodation in Toronto/Ottawa region even before landing in Canada!?
Yes, if you respond to some advertisement you find in the website.

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny_Sharma said:

I was hoping to find affordable accommodation in Toronto where I can have enough proof to show to the immigration officers in my "Letter of Intent" to further strengthen my application. Proof can be like an offer of accommodation for 3/6 months and I can pay once I reach there etc. What do you think?
My suggestion, approach a Visa consultant nearby or WWICS as they specialize in Canada PR and seek their assistance.
These consultants charge for 1 month accommodation which they own.
Its a better choice then looking for the same in local market!

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Yes, if you respond to some advertisement you find in the website.
I did check on 'Kijiji' and found some affordable properties, however, it is tough to convince the landlords/owners to rent the property to someone who isn't even in the country. :p

Is there any other way of directly approaching more landlords/property agents in Toronto?

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnsk said:
My suggestion, approach a Visa consultant nearby or ***** as they specialize in Canada PR and seek their assistance.
These consultants charge for 1 month accommodation which they own.
Its a better choice then looking for the same in local market!
Thanks...but do you mean once I land in Canada? And, then approach a Visa consultant just for accommodation. As I am not taking services of a Visa consultant right now to fill my application.

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny_Sharma said:
Thanks...but do you mean once I land in Canada? And, then approach a Visa consultant just for accommodation. As I am not taking services of a Visa consultant right now to fill my application.
hostels.com should sort it out for you.
You'll easily find B&B for around 60K for a month.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnsk said:
If he can pay 60K for one month (2000/night), I don't know how it was tough to convince the landlords and their agent to rent a property to someone who isn't in Canada. Just go to expedia and book any hotel room with that budget.

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnsk said:
Boy oh boy!! :eek: 60K a month or around CAD1200/month !!

Only if I had that kind of money...The World would have been a much nicer place to live in right now! :p

Jokes aside guys...thanks for answering...I guess I'll keep checking on websites and might be able to convince a landlord in nearby time. :)