03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Hi ALL!

I just found out that i have been approved as a sponsor to my husband and that his application has been sent to Bucharest for further processing. This is baffling to us because my husband is Syrian and we don't really understand why it was sent there. They began processing on August 17, 2016.

Anyone else in this situation?
Anyone had any success with the Bucharest VO?

Any good/bad news would be appreciated.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Hello, first of all welcome here, secondly from what I know most of sponsors in this thread are sponsoring spouses from Romania , Bulgaria, Moldova.
But do not be worry! probably because of the refugees problems in Syria they are trying to speed up things so they send the application wherever is available.
The waiting time for VO is 13 months , I have been waiting for a year and still no DM but they seems to be working on my file lately. Do not be scared if you have a pretty straight forward case it could be processed much quickly (in my case I have some red flags :28 yrs gap, he had previous marriage with 2 kids, met online and married at second visit).
Good luck !!!

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
LanaLanski said:
Hi ALL!

I just found out that i have been approved as a sponsor to my husband and that his application has been sent to Bucharest for further processing. This is baffling to us because my husband is Syrian and we don't really understand why it was sent there. They began processing on August 17, 2016.

Anyone else in this situation?
Anyone had any success with the Bucharest VO?

Any good/bad news would be appreciated.
Hi
I am in the same boat as yours . My wife is Syrian and they transfer the application to Bucharest Visa office . Syrian cases should be processed in Amman but due to the backlog in Amman they sent it to Romania . We are waiting for their response , hopefully it would be soon .
Could any body inform us when they will start working in our application ?
thanks

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
semos said:
Hi
I am in the same boat as yours . My wife is Syrian and they transfer the application to Bucharest Visa office . Syrian cases should be processed in Amman but due to the backlog in Amman they sent it to Romania . We are waiting for their response , hopefully it would be soon .
Could any body inform us when they will start working in our application ?
thanks
Did you received an UCI? If so, you can go online on ECAS and there are some informations when they received your application and when they start processing it. Hope it helps!

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
Why are you so worried about your application being send to the Bucharest office? From what I've seen, applications with no red flags are processed within 6-7 months.

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Romania85 said:
Why are you so worried about your application being send to the Bucharest office? From what I've seen, applications with no red flags are processed within 6-7 months.
How does one find out if their application has red flags or not?

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
deeafahd said:
Did you received an UCI? If so, you can go online on ECAS and there are some informations when they received your application and when they start processing it. Hope it helps!
Yes , i have the UCI number and I am checking the status every day. It is almost one month since it reaches the visa office but till now my application still the same.Medicals sent earlier but the PA side dosnot say that it is received nor the my CIC account . Do you know when they usually updates medicals? and after how many month do the start the background check ? My case is straight forward with no red flags . could you share with us when the start your background check ?

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Romania85 said:
I hope that they will process it is a little bit faster

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
LanaLanski said:
It is depends on your case . Age difference , previous marriage , period of cohabitation , wedding celebration according to custom.

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
They are mostly worried if your marriage is genuine and if you're not just after a Canadian visa. We submitted our application on July 4th, got Sponsorship Approval on August 18th and they started processing the principal applicant's application on August 30th. We submitted the medicals with our initial application and they have been approved.

The only feedback they give after this would be if they need more information or for a passport request.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
semos said:
Yes , i have the UCI number and I am checking the status every day. It is almost one month since it reaches the visa office but till now my application still the same.Medicals sent earlier but the PA side dosnot say that it is received nor the my CIC account . Do you know when they usually updates medicals? and after how many month do the start the background check ? My case is straight forward with no red flags . could you share with us when the start your background check ?
I cannot answer to you exactly when they update your medical but from what what I know it takes between 4-8 weeks....then about background from what I know it the last thing they will do before they as for passport (background and security checks), so at that stage you will be close to the end!
Order your notes and you will find more details about your application!...I can not give you as example my application since you said your case is straight forward and mine has red flags...as I said about I am waiting since over a year, my previous medicals (which I passed) got expired so recently they ask me to renew them and also send them new police certificate. Everybody tell me I m close to the end since they requested these but I have to wait and see.

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Just another question;

Some VO groups like this one have a google spreadsheet that charts details and give everyone a clue for how the VO is progressing. Do we have one of those for Bucharest? I would like to join it.

If there isn't; anyone mind if I make one?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LanaLanski said:
Order your application's GCMS notes.. that will tell you if the officers have specific concerns.

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
LanaLanski said:
Just another question;

Some VO groups like this one have a google spreadsheet that charts details and give everyone a clue for how the VO is progressing. Do we have one of those for Bucharest? I would like to join it.

If there isn't; anyone mind if I make one?
I don't think we have one, but I would definitely be interested as well!

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone... Around a week ago I was asked to redo my medical and police certicate which I did... I just logged on my CIC account and I see they updated my medical :passed... Wow that was quick... But the background is still not in progress Sad... What is next guys? Thx