+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO

Raj@ind135

Apr 16, 2020
Hi,
I appreciate , if anybody can suggest , how to proceed for PR renewal.
I am from India , applied on skilled visa , got the PR in Feb 2013 , My family joined me after few months and we stayed 314 days in Canada , My kids also did schooling for around 9 months .Then my father become sick and we all have to move back to INDIA in Feb 2015.
After spending one year in India , I came back to Canada and I got my Citizenship in Jan 2020. But my wife and kids were there in INDIA TO TAKE CARE OF MY AILING father and my father got first Brain stroke in May 2016 after my coming to Canada and later he passed away in June 2018
They can move to Canada and My daughter is turning 18 in July 2020 and SON 15
My wife and Kids they spent 314 day in 5 yrs , their PR card expired and out of Canada now .
No of days spent in Canada -314 days
No of days spent with principal applicant ( with me ) before getting citizenship in India -469 days
Do they consider time spent with me outside Canada?
Can I apply on PR on Travel Document ?
what should I do ?
please anyone can suggest

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It seems unlikely that they would consider the time spent with you in India towards RO. Also note that anytime spent before April 16th, 2015 no longer counts towards residency. You could try for a PRTD on H&C grounds, but if it failed, I would just let their PR be revoked and re-sponsor them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PRTD or try to enter via the US border and see if you get reported. Your wife and child couldren have returned in 2018 if that is when father passed away.

Raj@ind135

Apr 16, 2020
It seems unlikely that they would consider the time spent with you in India towards RO. Also note that anytime spent before April 16th, 2015 no longer counts towards residency. You could try for a PRTD on H&C grounds, but if it failed, I would just let their PR be revoked and re-sponsor them.
PRTD or try to enter via the US border and see if you get reported. Your wife and child couldren have returned in 2018 if that is when father passed away.

Raj@ind135

Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for your reply .
Yes they could return after my father's death , then my mother hospitalized and was serious , so they could not plan to come before PR card expiry . we have genuine hospitals bills and everything ( will that help if i apply PRTD )
OR
How to enter Canada with expired PR CARD via US

Raj@ind135

Apr 16, 2020
Please also suggest , if my kids apply for PRTD , they are under 18 .my daughter is turning 18 in July 20120
She can get visa on PRTD ?
{she wants to start her undergraduate study from Canada .}

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply .
Yes they could return after my father's death , then my mother hospitalized and was serious , so they could not plan to come before PR card expiry . we have genuine hospitals bills and everything ( will that help if i apply PRTD )
OR
How to enter Canada with expired PR CARD via US
You can try to enter without being reported using your landing documents or expired PR cards. There will certainly be more scrutiny during covid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please also suggest , if my kids apply for PRTD , they are under 18 .my daughter is turning 18 in July 20120
She can get visa on PRTD ?
{she wants to start her undergraduate study from Canada .}
She can apply for PRTD based on being removed against her will as a minor. Given that you remained in Canada not sure if that would be a valid reason not to meet RO. Your children could have remained with you in Canada.

Raj@ind135

Apr 16, 2020
Dear Member ,
Thanks a lot for giving your precious time and advice . Now I am planning to apply on PRTD for my wife and kids .
Would I able to get chance to get visa on PRTD ?
Do I have to mention , removal of kids against their will in PRTD application ?
waiting for your valuable comments .