+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO is not met. Easy option to renter without a valid PR card?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Are you in a position to gather all the documents you need for EE? You need all your work references, bank letters, police certificates, academic qualifications, and so on.

I feel like a spousal sponsorship would be easier overall.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I understand. I was just thinking if there were some cases that slipped though the cracks.
Yes, there are cases where PRs that are not in compliance are let back in without being reported (etc).

BUT: to get a new PR card, you will have to become fully compliant with the RO again, which it sounds like in your case basically means two years with no travel outside of Canada.

Is that realistic in your case? If you don't think you can do this, you may be better off renouncing and re-applying under spousal or other program.

You'll have to research and figure out, there are downsides to any approach.

Reactions: asaeed100

Tenet2020

May 31, 2020
A little update here.

i entered into Canada via road with an expired PR card. Luckily , there were no questions about the expired card or the RO. They were highly concerned about the quarantine requirements. They finished on that. As there were no questions about my residency or the PR card validity, I assume that I am safe to stay until I get the RO done. Thanks for your support and suggestions.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
A little update here.

i entered into Canada via road with an expired PR card. Luckily , there were no questions about the expired card or the RO. They were highly concerned about the quarantine requirements. They finished on that. As there were no questions about my residency or the PR card validity, I assume that I am safe to stay until I get the RO done. Thanks for your support and suggestions.
Just means , once again, Laurel & Hardy aka the CBSA , aren’t do their job . You gotta wonder , why even have rules at all ?
Would love for the Auditor General to actually audit , to see how many times the CBSA doesn’t enforce the laws for individuals who can’t comply with the regulations of the country they chose to immigrate too

Sept2020

Sep 11, 2020
Just wondering if there were any cases where the People (with expired PR card and RO nor met) were allowed at the POE from US?
Yes , there were cases where people in such situations have been allowed to enter , but their absence was explained to the officer wether it was taking care of a sick parent or any other reasonable reason and an obvious serious intention of residing in Canada with family and never leaving . Off course this depends on the officer but a word of advice.. just be very honest and clear that is a must regardless of the consequences .

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Just means , once again, Laurel & Hardy aka the CBSA , aren’t do their job . You gotta wonder , why even have rules at all ?
Would love for the Auditor General to actually audit , to see how many times the CBSA doesn’t enforce the laws for individuals who can’t comply with the regulations of the country they chose to immigrate too
I doubt this is them overlooking procedures due to incompetence, this is probably a directive from above not to pursue people who are re-entering without meeting their ROs.

In any case, if your PR card expired and you hadn't met your ROs, most people would be reported routinely when they apply for a PR visa or try to get an ETA.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
70 days is not a lot and I am sure CBSA agents have a lot of discretion in who to allow vs not. They must also have considered covid as a factor.

Reactions: armoured

AndrewJS

Mar 24, 2014
@Tenet2020 Did you rent a car to drive through the border or had a taxi to the port of entry? What port of entry did you go through given the land border closure? Thanks