+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RNIP: The real property issue

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
Hi everyone.
I'm planning to immigrate Canada through The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In "proof of funds" section, it's literally being told like this:

You can’t borrow this money from another person. (...) Your proof can be 1 or more of the following
  • bank account statements
  • documents that show real property or other investments (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.)
  • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money payable to you (such as banker’s drafts, cheques, traveller’s cheques or money orders).
Contrary to Express Entry requirements, real property is mentioned in RNIP, but how? will the real property (my house's payments/installments are going on) be regarded as a proof of fund? i guess the minimum amount of money needed for supporting my family will still be asked, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congratulations! What community has offered you employment? what you highlighted says real property OR other investments so you can show investments and not property.

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
Congratulations! What community has offered you employment? what you highlighted says real property OR other investments so you can show investments and not property.
thank you. but i wonder, did you, let say, apply and no community offered you a job? do you have an experince like this or is this a comment?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you. but i wonder, did you, let say, apply and no community offered you a job? do you have an experince like this or is this a comment?
A job is required for the RNIP program. That‘s why I said congratulations because finding a job is difficult. So you have to find a job/get a job offer first in one of the communities, and then apply to the RNIP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Getting a job via RNIP is very hard because being able to show connection to the area is a big obstacle for most living outside Canada. The majority of RNIP are likely international students already studying in the area and friends or family of people living in the area. The cities know that many people will leave for other areas if there are no ties in that area of the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl