+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right size photos for a Working Holiday Application

Cipol

Mar 18, 2012
Hi everybody!
I'm applying for the Working Holiday Program in Canada.
They require me to provide with my application two passport-size photos that must comply with the specifications below:

The photos must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
The photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
If the photos are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
You may wear non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
(...)
The frame size must be 35 mm X 45 mm (1 3/8″ X 1 3/4″).

The photos must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photo, and include the top of the shoulders.

The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4") and 36 mm (1 7/16").

Crown means the top of the head, or (if obscured by hair or a head covering), where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.

My problem is that I went to the photographer before reading that -.-
I misured the size of my head and the height is 29 mm instead of the 31 mm minimum size required.
Do you think that I have to retake the photos again?Is it a problem if the size of my head is only 2 mm shorter than the minimum size required??
Thanks in advance :-*

Tony3

Dec 16, 2011
Re: Right size photos

Hi Cipol,

If the photo size is wrong, your application may be delayed. Why not get everything done right the first time. As you are aware, the waiting is frustrating regardless of the type of application to Canada.

Just my thoughts !!!!