Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2015
LANDED..........
03-03-2015
Who has paid ROPRF online? What is the process after you pay it online does it take long for CPC to receive the payment?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
A lot of members on this Forum have paid their Fees online. It is quick. You will still need to mail the receipt generated online after payment is processed successfully. Or you can send as an attachment via email along with information relevant to your application.

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
DeeY said:
Who has paid ROPRF online? What is the process after you pay it online does it take long for CPC to receive the payment?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=fc&cat=spon pay here..
good luck

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
jpsant said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=fc&cat=spon pay here..
good luck
Hi,

I submitted application 6 months ago, application under processing ..but didnot pay the ROPF (coz there was an option that you can pay later), 490$ , ...What should i do now..Should I wait for their request or how can i pay now?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
shy_guy said:
Hi,

I submitted application 6 months ago, application under processing ..but didnot pay the ROPF (coz there was an option that you can pay later), 490$ , ...What should i do now..Should I wait for their request or how can i pay now?
You can pay it now or wait until asked by processing office. You can pay it online. Follow the link posted by jpsant.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
RajaJi said:
You can pay it now or wait until asked by processing office. You can pay it online. Follow the link posted by jpsant.
thanks,, then i guess I wait until they ask me :)

Raze

Feb 3, 2015
Hi DeeY

I have been asked to pay the RPRF last week, I paid on online and attached the receipt via email to CIC. I emailed CIC requesting for acknowledgement of payment receipt yesterday but they haven't responded back yet.

My question to you is, have they requested passport from you or just RPRF ?

They haven't requested for my passport yet

RWoods

Dec 9, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 16, 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF - September 10, 2014
File Transfer...
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
January 10, 2015 - YAY!!!!
Raze said:
Hi DeeY

I have been asked to pay the RPRF last week, I paid on online and attached the receipt via email to CIC. I emailed CIC requesting for acknowledgement of payment receipt yesterday but they haven't responded back yet.
When I was requested to pay my Right of Perm. Resident fee I emailed the receipt as well and never heard anything back either. I was nervous the receipt made it to where it needed to go but I did have my application approved so it must have! I just wish CIC would acknowledge they received the receipt, would have taken away a lot of stress!

Raze

Feb 3, 2015
RWoods said:
When I was requested to pay my Right of Perm. Resident fee I emailed the receipt as well and never heard anything back either. I was nervous the receipt made it to where it needed to go but I did have my application approved so it must have! I just wish CIC would acknowledge they received the receipt, would have taken away a lot of stress!
Hey RWood

This is my situation CIC requested $490 RPRF last week I paid the next day, emailed them recept but I haven't heard any thing. We never received any approval even in stage 1 approval. After paying the RPRF What is the time scale of receiving PR. Please shed some light in my situation

DeeY

Aug 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2015
LANDED..........
03-03-2015
Raze said:
Hi DeeY

Yes i was asked for passport request and RPRF, I just didn't know how to contact or let CPC know I payed. After I pay do they give me an email for me to email them? My Vo just wants a
Approve of payment and a scanned copy of receipt.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
When you pay Fees online, after your payment is processed and approved, a confirmation is displayed on a page online. That is your reciept.

You have the option to print that receipt for your records. I believe, it is also sent via email to you, if an E-mail address is provided during payment process.

This is the receipt which you then send to CPC and/or VO. You can mail it or send it via email as an attachment.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Raze said:
Hi DeeY

CIC does not acknowledge receipt of documents. Save the email you sent to CIC. The receipt you have with you is your proof of payment.

RWoods

Dec 9, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 16, 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF - September 10, 2014
File Transfer...
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
January 10, 2015 - YAY!!!!
Raze said:
Hey RWood

This is my situation CIC requested $490 RPRF last week I paid the next day, emailed them recept but I haven't heard any thing. We never received any approval even in stage 1 approval. After paying the RPRF What is the time scale of receiving PR. Please shed some light in my situation
I was asked to pay my RPRF on Sept. 10, 2014. CIC gave me 45 days to do so. I also paid the very next day and emailed the receipt, in hopes I that it would speed up the process. I really don't think me paying next day did anything though because it wasn't until January when I received my COPR by mail. Between the email from CIC requesting I pay my RPRF and receiving my COPR I had no other communication from CIC.

It does seem strange you would be requested to pay your RPRF if you hadn't been given SA yet. I would have to think you have SA though, if you log into ECAS does it say anything? If you have SA when the sponsor logs in it should say Decision Made under Sponsor Application Process...

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/imm/rprf.asp

Timing of payment

Payment of the RPRF will be required before issuance of the permanent resident visa for applications processed at visa offices or the permanent resident record for applicants in Canada. Each contact with the applicant should include a reminder that the RPRF is required, and that the visa will not be issued or the client will not become a permanent resident, as the case may be, until payment is received. It should also be emphasized that early payment of the RPRF will avoid delays in finalizing the processing of the application for those classes where it is appropriate, such as priority family class cases. Other cases, such as family class sponsorships of parents and grandparents, where the processing time is known to be long, RPRF instructions specify that the client should wait to pay RPRF until contacted by CIC.

Although concerted efforts will be made to solicit payment at the early stages of processing, CIC must accept payment of the RPRF whenever it is submitted. This is a requirement of the Financial Administration Act. CIC also has no authority to refuse to refund the RPRF upon request of a client who has paid up front or at any time before the RPRF is due for visa issuance/permanent residence status. This is a change to the past policy that RPRF payments already submitted for applications in process will not be refunded, unless the application is refused or withdrawn, or does not result in permanent residence status being granted.

Should a client complete all other documentary and regulatory requirements for acquiring permanent resident status but fail to pay the RPRF and complete the acquisition of permanent residence process, there is no legal basis for closing the file or regarding it as abandoned.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
I sent receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca and got acknowledgement email, that's all. Also I sent a copy by mail to Mississauga and a copy to my vo.