Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Below is all the info that I've put together from the CIC site and this site about RPRF. Hope it helps. If you have more to add, please let me know and I'll put it all together to help out the next person who has questions about it.

I highly recommend that you pay the RPRF fee before you get the letter saying to pay it. It may save you a lot of time. If at all possible pay it at the very beginning when you pay your other fees.

The reason why mine was rejected was because my husband paid it with a regular old check.

How should I pay:
It must be paid online through CIC or from a financial institution. Do not send cash or personal checks.

1) To pay online: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?&lang=en
Note: The online payment will not allow me to pick Buffalo, so pick Mississauga.
-Send the receipt that they email you to Mississauga.

2) If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online, so you must order an original receipt by mail.
-You must send a copy of this receipt to Mississauga.
-To order the form:
http://services3.cic.gc.ca/kmsweb/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&language=en&appno=5401

3) If you are unable to or do not wish to use this order form, you may also order by contacting the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Common Questions:

Who do I pay?
-iarblue wrote on July 3 2010: Mississauga you always pay Mississauga, even if you sent the payment to the visa office they will send it to Mississauga. Once you have made your payment, get two copies of the receipt that they email you. Send one to Mississauga with your client number from the first paper you received then send the other to the visa office doing your application.

-Ljane79 wrote on Sep 9, 2010; Send 2 copies of the receipt to Mississauga to verify payment. One for Mississauga and another so Mississauga can send a copy to Buffalo once the payment is processed. Buffalo won't accept a copy from you, only Mississauga. But many people fax, email or mail a copy to Buffalo just in case.

Who's name to put on the receipt?

-The sponsor's name and info should be on the RPRF receipt.
-SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; Please note that if the applicant's credit card was used in order to pay the fees online, then the applicant's information must be indicated in the payer information field of your receipt.
(SO BASICALLY MAKE SURE WHO EVER PAID IT IS ON THE RECEIPT!!! I REMEMBER ONE CALL CENTER AGENT SAID TO FORWARD TO BUFFALO ONE SAID NOT TO. IT DOESNT HURT DOING IT SO I DID ) And you click mississauga not buffalo for all the buffalo applicants.

Where do I send my payment?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

-Note: Please check to make sure on the CIC website because sometimes these things change. The website is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Should I send my RPRF receipt to my outland visa office in addition to Mississauga?

SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; To inform the visa office that you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you must send a copy of your proof of payment by mail to the CPC in Mississauga. The CPC will transfer this information to the visa office.

-iarblue on August 14 said: Send original to Mississauga, you don't need to send it to the visa office. Mississauga will inform them once it has been processed but if you want to you could fax, email it or mail it.

Ljane79 on septemer 1 said: I sent a copy of my RPRF receipt via email and they responded: "Mississauga will inform us when they have processed the RPRF."
I take that to mean that they do not need it in Buffalo and that it doesn't save you any time to send a copy to Buffalo.

How long does it take to process my RPRF?

arezoonia wrote on May 19: I send RPRF a month ago, when I called CIC .. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for them to send confirmation to visa offices outside Canada.

silverbee on Aug 27 If they requested RPRF I except it will be very short since they only request that if you were approved, right?
Good luck!

sbwv09 on Aug 27 ljane, I agree with silverbee that if they are asking for your fee that you are probably approved. However, I think that the fact that the fee wasn't paid up front can delay it for a few more weeks. but you are still very close to getting your PR!

Ljane79 on Sep 9: I just called CIC in Miss today. The lady said that it can take 1 to 3 months to process the fees!!!! I hope that she doesn't know what she is talking about.

steaky wrote on Sept 2 2010; I think one should double check with the visa office's website before making payment from a financial institution to be pay in the visa office. Every visa office is different.

steaky wrote on Sept 1 2010; According to the Canadian Consulate website in Beijing, the RPRF and other fees related to the sponsorship and application of a Family Class immigration visa must be paid in Canada or Online. The Beijing Office cannot accept payment of processing fees or the right of permanent residence fees.

S

SaugaBoss

hey can anyone check he status if they plug in the receipt number into the CIC websitE?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I paid my fees online through CIC and I finally received my RPRF confirmation of payment receipt (meaning they finally processed the money) on Friday September 24. The date on receipt is September 17. I mailed it with overnight mail on August 16 and it arrived Mississauga on August 18. I forgot to put the bar code sticker on the outside of the envelope, so it may have delayed processing a bit. I'll let you all know when I get my PPR.

Frenchrock wrote on Sep 22, 2010

We mailed our RPRF on July 30th by Xpresspost. It was set to arrive the following Tuesday (because of Civic Holiday in Ontario, CPC-M and Canada Post was closed).
I had a situation with my RPRF...I'll explain. I mailed it from Ottawa by Xpresspost, and paid for signature upon receipt. Well, I never got a signature. Nothing. For two weeks. So, we contacted Canada Post and they told me that they receive so many at the post office in Mississauga..."hundreds per day" we were told. CPC-M sometimes don't show up for a while to pick them up. Canada Post finished their investigation, and refunded the Xpresspost payment. I got the idea from another post to fax my receipt to them (we paid online) so I faxed it both to Buffalo and Mississauga with a cover letter explaining the situation. After a week or so, I e-mailed CIC in Buffalo to ask for confirmation that it had been received. They replied the next morning that confirmation was sent from Mississauga to Buffalo that they had the payment. We just received the RPRF confirmation letter yesterday, and the PPR this morning in my E-mail.
So yeah, confusing? You bet. I would send it using a method that you can track. Buffalo was very quick to respond to my inquiry.
It feels great that we are finally approved! Buffalo is quite busy, but they're working through it slowly. If your timeline is close to mine, you should be getting your PPR very soon. Good luck to you!

Frenchrock on Sep 23, 2010
I found the fax numbers on the Buffalo and CIC websites...they will not send you a confirmation. I had to request it by E-mail.
Fax Buffalo: (716) 852-2477
Fax Mississauga: (905) 803-7392
Hope this helps! Good luck!

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Timeline from iamlabfromchi: Outland Application - Buffalo - Family Class Spousal

2009-08-25 Married the Canadian love of my life in Outer Banks N.C.
2010-02-22 PR/Sponsorship apps mailed
2010-03-18 PR/Sponsorship apps returned - Use pen not pencil (oops, meant to overwrite with a pen) Returned in 1 day
2010-04-20 Sponsorship approved - Advised app sent to Buffalo
2010-05-26 Buffalo confirmed receipt of PR application and gave assigned file number & barcodes for mailings
2010-06-30 Requested payment of RPRF fee No interview needed, No additional docs required. Medical results received
2010-07-30 Confirmed receipt of RPRF $490
2010-09-03 Received email from Buffalo - Passport Requested
2010-09-07 e-CAS Updated! email from Mathew Caroll's tracker https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ Update was "Medical Results Received"
2010-09-07 This was a bit perplexing as they were already asking for passport and medical was in original application
2010-09-07 Went to Canadian Consulate in Buffalo, received COPR and IM-1 visa in 90 minutes - Visa expires 2010-10-09
2010-09-27 Expect to re-enter Canada coming back from Chicago, and LAND!!! Now I need a job, pronto.

This is copied from the thread at:
http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6389

Another thread on RPRF which basicly says pay the fee earlier than when they request it.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t43149.0.html

Another thread on RPRF general information:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/right-of-permanent-residence-fee-t41552.0.html

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Copied timeline from austin2calgary from this forum http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=252

We were in the same boat and did not submit ours until late in the process. Oddly enough, we submitted it at about the same time they sent a request for it. Not really sure if it slowed the process down, a whole lot, but I would advise getting it sent off ASAP rather than waiting for them to contact you.

Outland app rcvd CPC-V 04/30/09
CPC-V began processing 05/27/09
Sponsorship approved 05/27/09
CPC Buffalo began processing 06/12/09
CPC Buffalo req state police records 08/10/09
FL and TX state records rcvd09/15/09
RPRF fee paid 11/13/09
RPRF receipt faxed/mailed to CPC-Miss 11/24/09
Rcvd Landing Fee confirmation letter 11/30/09
Rcvd Passport Req via email 12/14/09
Passport sent to Ft Erie 12/14/09
Passport and visa rcvd 12/30/09
Landed Carway POE 01/02/10

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I mailed my RPRF on Aug 16 and it arrived Aug 18. I got a receipt for the RPRF on September 24. My Ecas changed to Decision made on Oct 5, 2010 and I'm still waiting to get my PPR.

Below is all the info that I've put together from the CIC site and this site about RPRF. Hope it helps. If you have more to add, please let me know and I'll put it all together to help out the next person who has questions about it.

I highly recommend that you pay the RPRF fee before you get the letter saying to pay it. It may save you a lot of time. If at all possible pay it at the very beginning when you pay your other fees.

The reason why mine was rejected was because my husband paid it with a regular old check.

How should I pay:
It must be paid online through CIC or from a financial institution. Do not send cash or personal checks.

1) To pay online: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?&lang=en
Note: The online payment will not allow me to pick Buffalo, so pick Mississauga.
-Send the receipt that they email you to Mississauga.

2) If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online, so you must order an original receipt by mail.
-You must send a copy of this receipt to Mississauga.
-To order the form:
http://services3.cic.gc.ca/kmsweb/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&language=en&appno=5401

3) If you are unable to or do not wish to use this order form, you may also order by contacting the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Common Questions:

Who do I pay?
-iarblue wrote on July 3 2010: Mississauga you always pay Mississauga, even if you sent the payment to the visa office they will send it to Mississauga. Once you have made your payment, get two copies of the receipt that they email you. Send one to Mississauga with your client number from the first paper you received then send the other to the visa office doing your application.

-Ljane79 wrote on Sep 9, 2010; Send 2 copies of the receipt to Mississauga to verify payment. One for Mississauga and another so Mississauga can send a copy to Buffalo once the payment is processed. Buffalo won't accept a copy from you, only Mississauga. But many people fax, email or mail a copy to Buffalo just in case.

Who's name to put on the receipt?

-The sponsor's name and info should be on the RPRF receipt.
-SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; Please note that if the applicant's credit card was used in order to pay the fees online, then the applicant's information must be indicated in the payer information field of your receipt.
(SO BASICALLY MAKE SURE WHO EVER PAID IT IS ON THE RECEIPT!!! I REMEMBER ONE CALL CENTER AGENT SAID TO FORWARD TO BUFFALO ONE SAID NOT TO. IT DOESNT HURT DOING IT SO I DID ) And you click mississauga not buffalo for all the buffalo applicants.

Where do I send my payment?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

-Note: Please check to make sure on the CIC website because sometimes these things change. The website is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Should I send my RPRF receipt to my outland visa office in addition to Mississauga?

SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; To inform the visa office that you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you must send a copy of your proof of payment by mail to the CPC in Mississauga. The CPC will transfer this information to the visa office.

-iarblue on August 14 said: Send original to Mississauga, you don't need to send it to the visa office. Mississauga will inform them once it has been processed but if you want to you could fax, email it or mail it.

Ljane79 on septemer 1 said: I sent a copy of my RPRF receipt via email and they responded: "Mississauga will inform us when they have processed the RPRF."
I take that to mean that they do not need it in Buffalo and that it doesn't save you any time to send a copy to Buffalo.

How long does it take to process my RPRF?

arezoonia wrote on May 19: I send RPRF a month ago, when I called CIC .. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for them to send confirmation to visa offices outside Canada.

silverbee on Aug 27 If they requested RPRF I except it will be very short since they only request that if you were approved, right?
Good luck!

sbwv09 on Aug 27 ljane, I agree with silverbee that if they are asking for your fee that you are probably approved. However, I think that the fact that the fee wasn't paid up front can delay it for a few more weeks. but you are still very close to getting your PR!

Ljane79 on Sep 9: I just called CIC in Miss today. The lady said that it can take 1 to 3 months to process the fees!!!! I hope that she doesn't know what she is talking about.

steaky wrote on Sept 2 2010; I think one should double check with the visa office's website before making payment from a financial institution to be pay in the visa office. Every visa office is different.

steaky wrote on Sept 1 2010; According to the Canadian Consulate website in Beijing, the RPRF and other fees related to the sponsorship and application of a Family Class immigration visa must be paid in Canada or Online. The Beijing Office cannot accept payment of processing fees or the right of permanent residence fees.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I finally got my PPR ;D

Hentaznel

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello!

I hope you guys in this thread can help me with some of my questions

pls check my signature for my timeline. my visa office is manila philippines

I feel sad cas I think RPRF is causing delays to our application. My husband and I
werent aware of the all the fees before submitting the application we upon submission we just
paid the 550.

My husband paid on sept 27 i think then few days ago he received a letter dated oct 28 it was like a
payment confirmation

my question is why does it take so long for them to procees the payment?
and is this a good sign now? I checked E-cas so far it still in process.
Will I get decison made pretty soon cas of the confirmation of RPRF?

hope to hear from u.. thank you in advance

God Bless

shawngt2

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-9-2010
Doc's Request.
13-1-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
You won't get confirmation of the payment on eCas. Things sound VERY good though that they are requesting that payment. It means you've most likely got accepted and once payment was received they will continue processing and you should get visa very soon. They don't request this unless they're ready to give visa.

Congrats!

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Hi everyone!!!

Is anyone able to answer this one. I received on 12/24/2010 a letter from CIS requesting to pay "Landing Fees". There was obviously a letter and a IMM 5412 form ( receipt ). The one you send to Mississauga if you pay at the Bank. I would pay online, but their system was messed up around the holidays, so I had to go to the Bank, because who knows when was the system coming back up.

My question: Does anyone know the difference between IMM 5412 and IMM 5401?

I phoned the Call Center and they mentioned that they're the same. But I noticed on IMM5412, there is no section requesting you to write your "client ID" where IMM 5401 has that box. But despite the fact there isn't a "Client ID" box on the "Payer Info" section, I still wrote my client ID number next to my name. Wrote it between brackets. Could it be that IMM 5412 is a "personalized" form already for your case where IMM 5401 is just a generic?

Also, if you pay at the Bank ( paid on 12/24/2010 ), how long does it take on Average before the person gets the VISA and Passport back from the Embassy? My case is being processed in Nairobi, Kenya. I assume that logically, they can't take someone's passport and keep it for months.

Thanks for all the help that anyone can provide.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Hello,
I've just paid the RPRF online. Now I need to print the receipt and send it to Mississauga. But what should I mention in the receipt? The Client ID that I obtained from Buffalo? Anything else (for example: number of RPRF?, name of these persons etc?)
And once they receive the receipt, will they mail back a confirmation letter to me?
Thank you!

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Hello everyone

Here is ONE ADVICE TO EVERYONE going through this immigration maze. PAY YOUR "LANDING FEES" AS SOON AS YOU CAN. I got caught by surprise where the case got processed in 3 1/2 months ( expected at least 10 ) and it cost me a MONTH before CPC-M processed the payment and notified the embassy abroad. I faxed the embassy the day I paid the fees, so they would perhaps ask CPC-M, but NO SIR. THEY WILL WAIT UNTIL CPC-M notifies them.

Save yourself the trouble. If you pay the processing fees and you can afford the landing fees, pay them together, if not, pay the landing fees at the next paycheck or something. Those people are so unpredictable..

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All

Are Client ID or File # assigned by CPC-M for sponsor and New Delhi for applicant different?? Or it is same for both?

I plan to pay RPRF without delay (I didnt pay it at the time of filing application). Which Client ID should I mention on the RPRF payment receipt?

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
def_col_male said:
Hello All

Are Client ID or File # assigned by CPC-M for sponsor and New Delhi for applicant different?? Or it is same for both?

I plan to pay RPRF without delay (I didnt pay it at the time of filing application). Which Client ID should I mention on the RPRF payment receipt?

If I were you, I would pay them ONLINE and ASAP. I got caught by surprise by Nairobi. They processed my spouse's case in less than 4 months. Something I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD BE POSSIBLE. So since I didn't expect that, I was planning to pay the landing fees somewhere this year ( 2011 ). It took Mississauga 5 weeks to process the receipt which I paid at the bank, because their online system was down when I attempted to use it. So I went to the bank to just get it done.

Pay the thing ONLINE and print the receipt and send it to Mississauga. It will have your info already on it. BUT, since those people mess up now and then, include a separate sheet of paper describing the receipt, where you can include the info such as client ID, immigration file number, names, etc.

We're almost done, but don't wait until they send you a request to pay landing fees. Those people are unpredictable.
Pay it ASAP if you want to save yourself over a month of delays.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Michael B

Thank you for your reply.
I shall make the payment at the earliest but anyhow I shall have to wait untill I get client ID. I am still waiting for the decision about sponsorship from CPC-M.