+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ljane79 said:
The reason why mine was rejected was because my husband paid it with a regular old check. It must be paid online through CIC or from a financial intitution.
I think one should double check with the visa office's website before making payment from a financial institution to be pay in the visa office. Every visa office is different. For more information about this, read my earlier post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/the-right-of-permanent-residence-fee-rprf-t52220.0.html

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Below is all the info that I've put together from the CIC site and this site about RPRF. Hope it helps. If you have more to add, please let me know and I'll put it all together to help out the next person who has questions about it.

I highly recommend that you pay the RPRF fee before you get the letter saying to pay it. It may save you a lot of time. If at all possible pay it at the very beginning when you pay your other fees.

The reason why mine was rejected was because my husband paid it with a regular old check. It must be paid online through CIC or from a financial intitution.
If you pay early. You can pay it online or order the form from CIC to get it paid from a finacial institution.
Note: The online payment would not allow me to pick Buffalo, so I picked Mississauga.

iarblue wrote on July 3 2010: mississauga you always pay mississauga,even if you sent the payment to the visa office they send it to mississauga,once you have made your payment get two copies of the recipt they email you send one to mississauga with your client number from the first paper you recieved then send the other to the visa office doing their app.

To pay online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp?lang=en
If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online, so you must order an original receipt by mail.
-You must include a copy of this receipt when you apply.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/kmsweb/order/orderitemform_init.do?dispatch=orderitemform_init&org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=62d12cdd24dc815c78e87f261e028480

-If you are unable to or do not wish to use this order form, you may also order by contacting the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

-The sponsor's name and info should be on the RPRF receipt.

-Send 2 copies: one for Mississauga and another so Mississauga can send a copy to Buffalo once the payment is process. Buffalo won't accept a copy from you, only Mississauga.

-The address as to where to pay the money when you mail it in is at this site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

iarblue on August 14 said: Send original to Mississauga,you dont need to send it to the visa office Mississauga will inform them once it has been processed but if you want to you can fax it or email it to them by scanning.

Ljane79 on septemer 1 said: I sent a copy of my RPRF receipt via email and they responded: "Mississauga will inform us when they have processed the RPRF."
I take that to mean that they do not need it in Buffalo and that itdoesn't save you any time to send a copy to Buffalo I think if you just send it to the address at this website:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

arezoonia wrote on May 19: I send RPRF a month ago, when I called CIC .. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for them to send confirmation to visa offices outside Canada.

silverbee on Aug 27 If they requested RPRF I except it will be very short since they only request that if you were approved, right?
Good luck!

sbwv09 on Aug 27 ljane, I agree with silverbee that if they are asking for your fee that you are probably approved. However, I think that the fact that the fee wasn't paid up front can delay it for a few more weeks.. but you are still very close!

steaky wrote on Sept 2 2010; I think one should double check with the visa office's website before making payment from a financial institution to be pay in the visa office. Every visa office is different.

steaky wrote on Sept 1 2010; According to the Canadian Consulate website in Beijing, the RPRF and other fees related to the sponsorship and application of a Family Class immigration visa must be paid in Canada or Online. The Beijing Office cannot accept payment of processing fees or the right of permanent residence fees.
Use this link to pay online:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?&lang=en

I've seen from this forum that the applicant used his father's credit card for payment, so asking a friend to use his/her credit card for paying it for you should be fine.
If your visa office is in Hong Kong, you can pay in bank draft in Hong Kong dollars or CAD (PRC branches from Bank of China would not be accepted). For details, see this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/assets/pdfs/FEESCHEDULE.pdf

S

SaugaBoss

hey great job with all the info (BELOW IS AN EMAIL CALL CENTER LADY SENT ME)

To inform the visa office that you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you must send a copy of your proof of payment by mail to the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario, at the following address:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

The CPC will transfer this information to the visa office.

Please note that if the applicant’s credit card was used in order to pay the fees online, then the applicant’s information must be indicated in the payer information field of your receipt.

(SO BASICALLY MAKE SURE WHO EVER PAID IT IS ON THE RECEIPT!!! I REMEMBER ONE CALL CENTER AGENT SAID TO FORWARD TO BUFFALO ONE SAID NOT TO. IT DOESNT HURT DOING IT SO I DID :)) And you click mississauga not buffalo for all the buffalo applicants.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
I think we have lost the main subject
The question is:
[size=12pt]How long does it take time to issue visa after paying the RPRF ?[/size]

NANKA

Jun 26, 2010
Hi!!!!! Have a question....I got a letter from Canada Immigration, asking to pay ROLF. How long does it take to process the visa? thanks in advance :)

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
NANKA said:
Hi!!!!! Have a question....I got a letter from Canada Immigration, asking to pay ROLF. How long does it take to process the visa? thanks in advance :)
I got this from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/ir/ir05-eng.pdf
on page 37.
Effective February 28, 1995, a Right of Landing Fee (ROLF) of $975 was introduced. Under the
IRPA this was retitled as the RPRF and this name will be used in the remainder of this document.
It is generally recognized that permanent residence has attached to it a value, both tangible and
intangible. There is an economic or market value which arises out of an enhanced opportunity to
improve one's economic condition and there is also the value to having access to a wide range of
programs and services provided by the state at no or minimal cost. There is, as well, an intangible
value to having permanent resident status in Canada. The fee is partial compensation for benefits
which accrue to the person who acquires permanent resident status and helps to defray various
costs incurred in delivering the immigration program.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ljane79 said:
I got this from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/ir/ir05-eng.pdf
on page 37.
Effective February 28, 1995, a Right of Landing Fee (ROLF) of $975 was introduced. Under the
IRPA this was retitled as the RPRF and this name will be used in the remainder of this document.
It is generally recognized that permanent residence has attached to it a value, both tangible and
intangible. There is an economic or market value which arises out of an enhanced opportunity to
improve one's economic condition and there is also the value to having access to a wide range of
programs and services provided by the state at no or minimal cost. There is, as well, an intangible
value to having permanent resident status in Canada. The fee is partial compensation for benefits
which accrue to the person who acquires permanent resident status and helps to defray various
costs incurred in delivering the immigration program.
In order to help alleviate the economic burden of immigrating, Budget 2006 included a reduction
of the RPRF to $490.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
ok ! then how long does it usually take time to process PR after paying RPRF ?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rezan said:
ok ! then how long does it usually take time to process PR after paying RPRF ?
Rezan,
I understand your frustration. I really do, but I don't have an answer for you. I've been looking for weeks now for the answer to your question (for myself as well). This is all the information that I found. I think that most people paid the fee up front, so there aren't a lot of people who know.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
ljane79 said:
Rezan,
I understand your frustration. I really do, but I don't have an answer for you. I've been looking for weeks now for the answer to your question (for myself as well). This is all the information that I found. I think that most people paid the fee up front, so there aren't a lot of people who know.
Hi ljane79
tnx anyway. do u have same information for police check ? how long does it take time ? what are the determinants for it ?
tnx

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I've got news :)
I sent my RPRF payment on August 16 by overnight mail. It got there on August 18. I hadn't heard anything for weeks. I just wanted to know if they got it or not. Finally last week I got frustrated and I mailed another copy. Still no response. I sent an email at the beginning of this week and still no response. Then last night I faxed the RPRF payment receipt to this number 613-954-8653 and the next morning I got this message. It was less than 12 hours for them to respond. She even said have a great day! What immigration person says such a nice thing. So civilized.

Hello Ms xxxxxx,
Received your fax from Sep 9, 2010 in regards to your Permanent residence(PR) application from Buffalo NY. Your medical results have been sent to Buffalo for your PR application.
You can contact Buffalo next week for your PR process.
Have a great day.

What a relief! Something is happening.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rezan said:
Hi ljane79
tnx anyway. do u have same information for police check ? how long does it take time ? what are the determinants for it ?
tnx
Yep, check out this thread. Hopefully it's what you are looking for.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-post-your-fbi-request-times-t38827.0.html

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Below is all the info that I've put together from the CIC site and this site about RPRF. Hope it helps. If you have more to add, please let me know and I'll put it all together to help out the next person who has questions about it.

I highly recommend that you pay the RPRF fee before you get the letter saying to pay it. It may save you a lot of time. If at all possible pay it at the very beginning when you pay your other fees.

The reason why mine was rejected was because my husband paid it with a regular old check.

How should I pay:
It must be paid online through CIC or from a financial institution. Do not send cash or personal checks.

1) To pay online: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?&lang=en
Note: The online payment will not allow me to pick Buffalo, so pick Mississauga.
-Send the receipt that they email you to Mississauga.

2) If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online, so you must order an original receipt by mail.
-You must send a copy of this receipt to Mississauga.
-To order the form:
http://services3.cic.gc.ca/kmsweb/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&language=en&appno=5401

3) If you are unable to or do not wish to use this order form, you may also order by contacting the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Common Questions:

Who do I pay?
-iarblue wrote on July 3 2010: Mississauga you always pay Mississauga, even if you sent the payment to the visa office they will send it to Mississauga. Once you have made your payment, get two copies of the receipt that they email you. Send one to Mississauga with your client number from the first paper you received then send the other to the visa office doing your application.

-Ljane79 wrote on Sep 9, 2010; Send 2 copies of the receipt to Mississauga to verify payment. One for Mississauga and another so Mississauga can send a copy to Buffalo once the payment is processed. Buffalo won't accept a copy from you, only Mississauga. But many people fax, email or mail a copy to Buffalo just in case.

Who's name to put on the receipt?

-The sponsor's name and info should be on the RPRF receipt.
-SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; Please note that if the applicant's credit card was used in order to pay the fees online, then the applicant's information must be indicated in the payer information field of your receipt.
(SO BASICALLY MAKE SURE WHO EVER PAID IT IS ON THE RECEIPT!!! I REMEMBER ONE CALL CENTER AGENT SAID TO FORWARD TO BUFFALO ONE SAID NOT TO. IT DOESNT HURT DOING IT SO I DID ) And you click mississauga not buffalo for all the buffalo applicants.

Where do I send my payment?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

-Note: Please check to make sure on the CIC website because sometimes these things change. The website is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Should I send my RPRF receipt to my outland visa office in addition to Mississauga?

SaugaBoss on September 3, 2010; To inform the visa office that you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you must send a copy of your proof of payment by mail to the CPC in Mississauga. The CPC will transfer this information to the visa office.

-iarblue on August 14 said: Send original to Mississauga, you don't need to send it to the visa office. Mississauga will inform them once it has been processed but if you want to you could fax, email it or mail it.

Ljane79 on septemer 1 said: I sent a copy of my RPRF receipt via email and they responded: "Mississauga will inform us when they have processed the RPRF."
I take that to mean that they do not need it in Buffalo and that it doesn't save you any time to send a copy to Buffalo.

How long does it take to process my RPRF?

arezoonia wrote on May 19: I send RPRF a month ago, when I called CIC .. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for them to send confirmation to visa offices outside Canada.

silverbee on Aug 27 If they requested RPRF I except it will be very short since they only request that if you were approved, right?
Good luck!

sbwv09 on Aug 27 ljane, I agree with silverbee that if they are asking for your fee that you are probably approved. However, I think that the fact that the fee wasn't paid up front can delay it for a few more weeks. but you are still very close to getting your PR!

Ljane79 on Sep 9: I just called CIC in Miss today. The lady said that it can take 1 to 3 months to process the fees!!!! I hope that she doesn't know what she is talking about.

steaky wrote on Sept 2 2010; I think one should double check with the visa office's website before making payment from a financial institution to be pay in the visa office. Every visa office is different.

steaky wrote on Sept 1 2010; According to the Canadian Consulate website in Beijing, the RPRF and other fees related to the sponsorship and application of a Family Class immigration visa must be paid in Canada or Online. The Beijing Office cannot accept payment of processing fees or the right of permanent residence fees.

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
January 19th,2011 happy happy happy
Hello guys

I am sponsoring my partner who is a Guatemalan
Here is our time line
Jun 24 2010 submit the application to Mississauga
Aug 4 2010 sponsor approved.
Sep 9 2010 I receive in Canada a letter from Mississauga asking to pay the Right of Permanent residence fee.
Sep 11 2010 My partner received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Guatemala to inform that he already analyzed the first part of his application and that he have to attend an interview and also he received instruction to take his passport, birth certificate, Curriculum vitae, a military service form and they wrote a note that in the date of the interview he have to bring more evidences of aour relationship.

So mi question is is all this good news? this is a good sign????
We are soo nervous!!!
please any comment or answer will be appreciated.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Osiris said:
Hello guys

I am sponsoring my partner who is a Guatemalan
Here is our time line
Jun 24 2010 submit the application to Mississauga
Aug 4 2010 sponsor approved.
Sep 9 2010 I receive in Canada a letter from Mississauga asking to pay the Right of Permanent residence fee.
Sep 11 2010 My partner received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Guatemala to inform that he already analyzed the first part of his application and that he have to attend an interview and also he received instruction to take his passport, birth certificate, Curriculum vitae, a military service form and they wrote a note that in the date of the interview he have to bring more evidences of aour relationship.

So mi question is is all this good news? this is a good sign????
We are soo nervous!!!
please any comment or answer will be appreciated.
Osiris,
I'm not sure what the answer is to your question, but if you post this same question on the Guatemalan thread, I think the people there will be able to help you more. Here is the link. Good luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44160.0.html