March 14, 2013 and CEM received it on March 28, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
Hi,

Is it true that when we would like to pay the RPRF in Canadian dollars it should be based on the current Canadian currency equivalent that is available in the Canadian embassy and not in the banks? In addition, they said it should not be more than the amount or else it would be returned?

I hope I conveyed the question clearly.

Thank you!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mystic_nayeli said:
Hi,

Is it true that when we would like to pay the RPRF in Canadian dollars it should be based on the current Canadian currency equivalent that is available in the Canadian embassy and not in the banks? In addition, they said it should not be more than the amount or else it would be returned?

I hope I conveyed the question clearly.

Thank you!
:)

If you pay your RPRF in CAD - no conversion needed and there is no need to refer to the bank rate for conversion from CAD to any other currency. This is why most prefer to pay in CAD (no effects of currency fluctuations).

Refer to the published rates on the website of the VO processing your application, check the dates when the information was updated and use that as a guide - don't refer to the bank rates if you want to pay any other currency. The VO-specific website does usually have the published rates in CAD and the current conversion in the local currency.

If you are sending payment to CEM and opt to pay in Php, then refer to the current payment fees in Php here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d
(Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) CAD 490 Php 19900 Y44,100 )
Having said that - by experience - check the CEM website and to make sure - verify by calling into the CEM call centre hotline. Sometimes the website info may not be currently updated.

As to what happens in cases of overpayment, underpayment etc. - the application guide has the info you want: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp#pay-fee
Scroll down and see sections: "Incorrect Fee Payment"

/ :)

mystic_nayeli

Dec 3, 2010
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2011