+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RFV letter? what does it mean?

azamsyedomar

Mar 22, 2022
Hey @lethaltaurus ,
Appreciate the prompt reply.
We are sending the passport based on your suggestion. Thanks!
Hi @jakshat12 @lethaltaurus ,

I got confirmation email from IRCC on Friday 18-Mar-2022 about my PR approvals with outland spouse in India and i have replied to the email providing the information to create Permanent Resident Portal account: I haven't got an email with portal credentials yet.

However I have also received similar RFV Request letter from Whitehorse IRCC in my IRCC secure account on Monday 21-Mar-2022 to send passport for visa stamping. The issue is I'm already in Canada. As statedin RFV letter, i have sent a webform informing them that im in canada and wife in india.

Shall i wait till i get eCOPR? or do i need to submit my spouse passport to VAC in India for visa stamping?

@jakshat12 What all documents have u submitted other than those mentioned in the RFV letter?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,
Syed Omar

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021

I got confirmation email from IRCC on Friday 18-Mar-2022 about my PR approvals with outland spouse in India and i have replied to the email providing the information to create Permanent Resident Portal account: I haven't got an email with portal credentials yet.

However I have also received similar RFV Request letter from Whitehorse IRCC in my IRCC secure account on Monday 21-Mar-2022 to send passport for visa stamping. The issue is I'm already in Canada. As statedin RFV letter, i have sent a webform informing them that im in canada and wife in india.

Shall i wait till i get eCOPR? or do i need to submit my spouse passport to VAC in India for visa stamping?

@jakshat12 What all documents have u submitted other than those mentioned in the RFV letter?

Regards,
Syed Omar
General recommendation wait till you get eCOPR before your dependents sending passport because there are cases passport returned stating PA copr not being there. If you know email for your VO then drop an email to them and ask for portal login creation.

azamsyedomar

Mar 22, 2022
General recommendation wait till you get eCOPR before your dependents sending passport because there are cases passport returned stating PA copr not being there. If you know email for your VO then drop an email to them and ask for portal login creation.
@lethaltaurus thanks for your suggestion. I go the PR Portal account details today. I just submitted the photo and address in the account. I hope the eCOPR will on the way soon. I have also booked for courier service to pick up spouse passport. Do i also need to send eCOPR letter along with passport as RFV request doesn't contain details about my spouse? Please suggest. Thanks

lethaltaurus

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
@lethaltaurus thanks for your suggestion. I go the PR Portal account details today. I just submitted the photo and address in the account. I hope the eCOPR will on the way soon. I have also booked for courier service to pick up spouse passport. Do i also need to send eCOPR letter along with passport as RFV request doesn't contain details about my spouse? Please suggest. Thanks
I did included, few folks recommend to include that more over it made sense as well. One of the details asked about PA details which is already in eCOPR. Its better to include as don't want to take chances.

Goutham_Shibu

May 5, 2022
Congrats. Basically we have the same case, Married after AOR.
Even I got the same letter last month and it states that the overseas dependent must send the passport to VAC only after the principal applicant has got the confirmation of PR.
Local IRCC office is yet to contact me for the landing details. The wait is long!
Hi,
Could you help me with the timelines ?
1. My spouse and child were added after AOR. Both their names are currently reflecting in my IRCC portal as dependents
2. I got my passport request letter and I'm sending my passport this week. While my my wife has got her biometrics this week.
Will my spouse and kid receive separate passport request letter ?
3. How long will it take to get PPR for dependents once I get my passport stamped ?
4. In general, is the stamping of passport the last step or do we get any separate COPR letter after stamping ?

Kindly assist. Thanks

Aug 12, 2022
Hello @Wolfpmd3 @harryguns @Sanjay35821

I have got information letter stating that "The processing of your application for PR in Canada is almost complete. You and your dependents must complete the following steps within 30days."
Step 1 : Change in circumstances
Step 2: Passport requirements - Determine if you need to submit your passports
Step 3: Prepare your documents

I have not got any RFV mail. Is this information letter same as PPR? Do I have to do passport submission booking at VFS using this letter. I have 2 dependents (spouse and daughter). Will the same letter work for them or I will get separate letter for them.

Sep 2, 2020
Hi even I got this I dont know what to do?
Please guide.

I have received the Request (RFV) letter for Dependents (spouse) on October 7, 2021, which states Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status" and I am still waiting for my eCoPR.

Currently, I have also received Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal access and confirmed the In-Canada declaration and uploaded documents required on Oct 25, 2021, and waiting for my eCoPR.

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.
Do I need to wait until I receive my eCOPR or can I request my spouse to send her passport to the visa office to obtain her travel visa and documentation now?

Request(RFV) letter- October 7, 2021

Portal email- Oct 6, 2021
Portal Credentials- Oct 25, 2021
Photo and address- submitted Oct 25, 2021
COPR- WAITING
VO Ottawa, Secondary- Etobicoke

Sep 2, 2020
Hi all,

I have a question. When is the RFV letter the same as PPR?

I got it this morning (for my wife who is my dependent and lives overseas), I live in Canada?

Any thoughts?
can you please guide what you did ? should my spouse living overseas submit passport? I live in Canada and have not got eCOPR. Please guide.

Sep 2, 2020

Regards,
Syed Omar
I have the same situation. Can you please help what to do?