Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Finally I got some down time to write the process for landing.

We arrive at Vancouver International Airport in the afternoon, see timetable below

1:30 pm arrived at entry check desk, we were greeted by an official which he asked for our passports and declaration card(given to you in the plane). After seeing that we come to do our landing the official will direct you to the immigration desk.
2:18 arrived at new immigrants and wait in line. All kind of people for various purposes (holiday visas, temporary work visas get processed in the same)
3:04 met with the immigration official, requested our COPR and passports. It takes about 10-15 minutes for them to process it and asked the routine questions (have you committed a crime? have you been asked to leave the Country? etc). Never asked for POF
3:10 Welcome to Canada!!! After leaving the new immigrants section there are several people with the association CANN giving you all sorts of information for your settlement (child tax benefits, SIN, insurance, health, job info) very useful! NOTE: PR cards will get to the Canadian address I provided to the official in about two months they said.
3:45 after leaving the new immigrants section you still have to make a final stop at customs where you give them your declaration form. They never asked for the goods bringing into the country or the goods to follow list. I had to asked them, so one official went over the list in detail with me, made a copy and gave me back my originals.

I hope this helps and i really wish you everybody waiting good luck... waiting kills, but once you get the papers in your hand it will all be worth it! IF you have any questions please let me know. I am now apartment hunting... keep in mind that at least in Vancouver people only give 30 day notice to vacate the apartment, so it is useful to come at the end/beginning of the month to find a decent place.

ann75

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/2014
Doc's Request.
With application
Nomination.....
PER March 04 2014
AOR Received.
AOR May 06 2014
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
Process Started on June 12 2014
Med's Request
Aug 25 2014
Med's Done....
September 02 2014
Interview........
RPRF asked on june 13
Passport Req..
October 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 17 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
jpalos said:

We arrive at Vancouver International Airport in the afternoon, see timetable below

1:30 pm arrived at entry check desk, we were greeted by an official which he asked for our passports and declaration card(given to you in the plane). After seeing that we come to do our landing the official will direct you to the immigration desk.
2:18 arrived at new immigrants and wait in line. All kind of people for various purposes (holiday visas, temporary work visas get processed in the same)
3:04 met with the immigration official, requested our COPR and passports. It takes about 10-15 minutes for them to process it and asked the routine questions (have you committed a crime? have you been asked to leave the Country? etc). Never asked for POF
3:10 Welcome to Canada!!! After leaving the new immigrants section there are several people with the association CANN giving you all sorts of information for your settlement (child tax benefits, SIN, insurance, health, job info) very useful! NOTE: PR cards will get to the Canadian address I provided to the official in about two months they said.
3:45 after leaving the new immigrants section you still have to make a final stop at customs where you give them your declaration form. They never asked for the goods bringing into the country or the goods to follow list. I had to asked them, so one official went over the list in detail with me, made a copy and gave me back my originals.

I hope this helps and i really wish you everybody waiting good luck... waiting kills, but once you get the papers in your hand it will all be worth it! IF you have any questions please let me know. I am now apartment hunting... keep in mind that at least in Vancouver people only give 30 day notice to vacate the apartment, so it is useful to come at the end/beginning of the month to find a decent place.

Hello I need to know if your visa office was Mexico? Were they fast? Because I received the request to pay the RPRF fee before medicals on june friday 13, until today I have no further news, do you think this could be good news?

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Ann, I am so sorry it ook me this long to reply back... usually I get a notification on my email but not this time. the RFPR before issuing medical instructions is typical. In my case the VO sent me an email with the RFPR and the same day they sent me medical instructions. My visa office was originally Buffalo since I was living in the USA at that time under a working visa, for some reason my application was rerouted and ended up being processed in the Trinidad and Tobago office, weird but it was super fast. I had to resubmit pretty much everything again but within 8 months everything got approved.

We moved about two weeks ago, and was able to find a job in my field within the first week. I saw your NOC is 2154, what is your field? MY NOC is 2151-Architecture, maybe I can help you out. Where are you planning to move to? If you have any additional questions, send me an email i think it works faster than this system: jorge_palos@mac.com

Hope everything works out for you.... hang in there it will come!

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
Ann, I am so sorry it ook me this long to reply back... usually I get a notification on my email but not this time. the RFPR before issuing medical instructions is typical. In my case the VO sent me an email with the RFPR and the same day they sent me medical instructions. My visa office was originally Buffalo since I was living in the USA at that time under a working visa, for some reason my application was rerouted and ended up being processed in the Trinidad and Tobago office, weird but it was super fast. I had to resubmit pretty much everything again but within 8 months everything got approved.

We moved about two weeks ago, and was able to find a job in my field within the first week. I saw your NOC is 2154, what is your field? MY NOC is 2151-Architecture, maybe I can help you out. Where are you planning to move to? If you have any additional questions, send me an email i think it works faster than this system: jorge_palos @ mac.com

Hope everything works out for you.... hang in there it will come!
Hello Jpalos,
I'm still waiting for PPR, nothing since medical check & RPRF. we can contact thru email or WhatsApp if u don't mind

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Tinger... yes, send me an email so that we can still be in touch. I know PPR came in April 2014, and we did medicals around september 2013. So, it was a 7-8 months waiting period for us. Remember each case is different and VO process waiting times vary a lot. I know waiting kills, but believe me... it will come and once you are here you realize how lucky you are. These two weeks here in Vancouver have been absolutely amazing! you will get to experience this later, just hang in there!

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Hey Tinger... any news? Have you heard back from the VO? I hope everything is going well.

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
oh man you are in GREAT hands.... that VO is super fast and very responsive in their emails! My process started in Buffalo, after almost 2 years my file go transfer and the Port of Spain office started my case again, and in 8 months I got everything!!!! I am in Vancouver now!!!! Where are you in the process? Let me know if you need any input!

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
Hey Tinger... any news? Have you heard back from the VO? I hope everything is going well.
Finally after a long journey, I got visa & my passport is on its way to me.
Hope u're doing gr8 with ur new Vancouver :)

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
jpalos said:
oh man you are in GREAT hands.... that VO is super fast and very responsive in their emails! My process started in Buffalo, after almost 2 years my file go transfer and the Port of Spain office started my case again, and in 8 months I got everything!!!! I am in Vancouver now!!!! Where are you in the process? Let me know if you need any input!
Oh thank you so much! That is so kind of you!

I am in the very early stages. My application reached the CIC in Nova Scotia on June 26th so I still am waiting "patiently" for my PER email. I am so relieved to read that you had a good experience with the Port Of Spain Visa Office. I haven't seen many people on this forum mention them as I mostly see people talk about the New Dehli, London and Ottawa Visa Offices and talk about which ones are fast and which ones are slow etc so I didn't know what to expect from mine. Do you think because yours was a transfer that it helped them to work faster?

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Its hard to say... My file reached Buffalo and never heard back from them. I got an email saying that my file was being transfer to Port of Spain, and a week after receiving that email the VO office from POS contacted me requesting pretty much all the documents that I had submitted previously (new forms, IELTS test, academic assessmets, etc), so basically my process started again, but this time it went really fast, around 8 months to receive passport with visa approved!
Since you are in the early stages, be ready to wait... that has been really hard on us, but at the end you will get your reward! Have you done academic assessment as part of your application? I would assume you did since you submitted your package already.

GOOD LUCK!

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Yes I did my educational credential assessment, got the company I work for to write an employment reference letter and did my English proficiency test etc submitted my proof of funds and my police certificate with my application so hopefully all goes smoothly.

easyhawk

Oct 24, 2014
thanks and congratulations for sharing

jpalos said: