+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RFPR checks cashed... how long to wait for PP request

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
Dear jpalos,

Gr8 to hear abt PPR. Wish u all z best.

My case was supposed to be sent from CIO to my area Visa Office, but somehow, it has been sent to Ottawa Immigration Pilot office & they told me that there is no need for interview & they asked to pay RFPR fees + Do medical check...Do you have any idea what that means?? is there is chance for refusal at this stage? what shall be the next stage & how long it's gonna take?

Thanx

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
oh that is great news!!! they waived off the interview, it only means (and don't take it literally, but just from all the blogs I have been reading) that waving your interview means that VO is satisfied with all the documents you have provided until now. At this point the only way they can refuse you is if you don't have enough funds or there is a problem with your medical results. Once you do the medicals, you can actually inquire about the results. In my case, the nurse gave me the results over the phone and the system they use at the doctor's office I used was the electronic transfer of my medical results to the VO. The nurse was able to verify that the results were already transferred, so you can actually called 1-2 weeks after your medicals to inquire. I don't know how you did your RFPR payment, we sent cashiers checks and I check with my bank to see when they were cashed. Here is a rough timeline in my case for your reference:

October 2013 - medicals were done
December 5, 2013 - ECAS shows that processing has begun
December 19, 2013 - checks were cashed
March 21, 2014 - Email received for passport request (passports arrived to VO via FEDEX on march 27) and we are still waiting.

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
oh that is great news!!! they waived off the interview, it only means (and don't take it literally, but just from all the blogs I have been reading) that waving your interview means that VO is satisfied with all the documents you have provided until now. At this point the only way they can refuse you is if you don't have enough funds or there is a problem with your medical results. Once you do the medicals, you can actually inquire about the results. In my case, the nurse gave me the results over the phone and the system they use at the doctor's office I used was the electronic transfer of my medical results to the VO. The nurse was able to verify that the results were already transferred, so you can actually called 1-2 weeks after your medicals to inquire. I don't know how you did your RFPR payment, we sent cashiers checks and I check with my bank to see when they were cashed. Here is a rough timeline in my case for your reference:

October 2013 - medicals were done
December 5, 2013 - ECAS shows that processing has begun
December 19, 2013 - checks were cashed
March 21, 2014 - Email received for passport request (passports arrived to VO via FEDEX on march 27) and we are still waiting.
Hey,

any progress so far?

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Nope.... nothing yet, ECAS is still showing 'in progress.' Today is 3 weeks since VO got the passports. Hopefully next week I hear something about it.

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
Nope.... nothing yet, ECAS is still showing 'in progress.' Today is 3 weeks since VO got the passports. Hopefully next week I hear something about it.
Hope so ISA

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
well i checked my ECAS status and it changed from being "in progress" to "decision made" with the following: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. Does it mean that I will be getting my passport back with the visa stamped? Hopefully this week my passport arrive and find out.

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
well i checked my ECAS status and it changed from being "in progress" to "decision made" with the following: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. Does it mean that I will be getting my passport back with the visa stamped? Hopefully this week my passport arrive and find out.
That's good news, u'll receive an email soon telling u that u'll receive ur passport stamped. BTW, how did u sent ur passport & did u pay for returing or wt happened.

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Perfect!!! The VO requested that I sent a prepaid voucher (legal size without folding) for the return of my passports. I open a FEDEX account and sent them a prepaid voucher for international priority (2 day service). Have you made any plans on where would you be landing? Are you by yourself of have any additional family members?

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
Perfect!!! The VO requested that I sent a prepaid voucher (legal size without folding) for the return of my passports. I open a FEDEX account and sent them a prepaid voucher for international priority (2 day service). Have you made any plans on where would you be landing? Are you by yourself of have any additional family members?
I'm alone. I'm planning to land in Calgary. No further plans yet since I'm still waiting for PPR, no updates so far & no response or aknowledgment regrading the sent docs. Hust couple dayz ago, I got 3rd line stating Medical results have been received. I'm worried & hope to hear good news ISA

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
I think we did medicals in september and it wasn't until december 5 that ECAS shows that they started processing my case, however, remember each VO works differently. My case is being processed from the Trinidad and Tobago visa office. We are from Mexico, but being living in the USA for the past 14 years.

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
GOOD NEWS!!!! We got the visas today!!!!

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
GOOD NEWS!!!! We got the visas today!!!!
My sincere congrats, gr8 news indeed. Now u need 2 prepare 4 landing. Make a good arrangment before ur final move & Settlement in CANADA.

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Not yet... I have booked the flights for May 26. I will definitely let you know how it goes and the process. We are planning to just stay for a week to process SIN cards, drivers license and hunt for aparment. We will come back for good in August. A friend of mine will mail us our PR cards later.

How is your peocess? Have you heard anything?

Tinger

Mar 30, 2014
jpalos said:
Not yet... I have booked the flights for May 26. I will definitely let you know how it goes and the process. We are planning to just stay for a week to process SIN cards, drivers license and hunt for aparment. We will come back for good in August. A friend of mine will mail us our PR cards later.

How is your peocess? Have you heard anything?
That's gr8 man. Wish u safe arrival. For me nothing so far. Still waiting.