+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoked US visa - process time for info sharing stage?

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
I'm sponsoring my partner (submitted Jan 2022) and we just got our GCMS notes after 2 months of wwaiting. It says info sharing and criminality are ongoing. For info sharing, only 1 partner hasn't started and it's in the USA. They requested info in April 2022 but they haven't started anything yet. We suspect the hold up is because of a revoked US visa that we were truthful about.

Has anyone had the same experience? I know we just have to wait because this is out of IRCC's control, but I'm genuinely curious about other people's experience.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sponsoring my partner (submitted Jan 2022) and we just got our GCMS notes after 2 months of wwaiting. It says info sharing and criminality are ongoing. For info sharing, only 1 partner hasn't started and it's in the USA. They requested info in April 2022 but they haven't started anything yet. We suspect the hold up is because of a revoked US visa that we were truthful about.

Has anyone had the same experience? I know we just have to wait because this is out of IRCC's control, but I'm genuinely curious about other people's experience.
Hi there. I’m just curious. What does it mean when it says info sharing and criminality? Thanks.

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Hi there. I’m just curious. What does it mean when it says info sharing and criminality? Thanks.
From this page:

• Criminal History Check – This stage of the background check confirms any past criminal activity, from DUIs to any registration in a criminal organization.
  • Security Screening – This stage assesses your risk to the health and safety of Canada and Canadians, completed by CBSA, CSIS, and IRCC.
  • Information Sharing – At this stage, the various authorities share their information with each other and the IRCC makes a final decision regarding your application.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From this page:

• Criminal History Check – This stage of the background check confirms any past criminal activity, from DUIs to any registration in a criminal organization.
  • Security Screening – This stage assesses your risk to the health and safety of Canada and Canadians, completed by CBSA, CSIS, and IRCC.
  • Information Sharing – At this stage, the various authorities share their information with each other and the IRCC makes a final decision regarding your application.
So this is basically for PA?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
So this is basically for PA?
And any adult depended regardless of if they are accompanying or not. If they are a child of the dependent and an adult, even if they are not coming to Canada... They will be checked.

Reactions: minnie99

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018

Hello
Was the visa revoked for the PA or the sponsor? Did you hear anything after you ordered the GCMS notes ?

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Hello
Was the visa revoked for the PA or the sponsor? Did you hear anything after you ordered the GCMS notes ?
The PA's visa was revoked. Nothing after the GCMS (notes explained in my post), I suppose the ghost updates we've been receiving is from the IRCC checking if there are updates from info sharing from the US partner. To explain more about the situation (and why it is frustrating):
  • PA applied for TRV, declared revoked US visa; approved TRV
  • Jan 2022 Applied for sponsorship, declared revoked US visa
  • Aug 2022 PFL re: not declaring revoked US visa (not true); immediately thereafter eligibility was completed and got Pre-Arrival; we also submitted LOE stating that PA did declare the revoked visa in both the TRV application and the PR application
And that's it, all ghost updates after that and it looks like only the US partner has not begun info sharing. It's just so frustrating.

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
The PA's visa was revoked. Nothing after the GCMS (notes explained in my post), I suppose the ghost updates we've been receiving is from the IRCC checking if there are updates from info sharing from the US partner. To explain more about the situation (and why it is frustrating):
  • PA applied for TRV, declared revoked US visa; approved TRV
  • Jan 2022 Applied for sponsorship, declared revoked US visa
  • Aug 2022 PFL re: not declaring revoked US visa (not true); immediately thereafter eligibility was completed and got Pre-Arrival; we also submitted LOE stating that PA did declare the revoked visa in both the TRV application and the PR application
And that's it, all ghost updates after that and it looks like only the US partner has not begun info sharing. It's just so frustrating.
I would suggest you reach out to an MP and if the PA is in Canada now also apply for an OWP so that he/she can start working

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
I would suggest you reach out to an MP and if the PA is in Canada now also apply for an OWP so that he/she can start working
We're already in touch with our MP but we find the updates are generally the same as what's on the tracker. but we are due to get in touch with the MP again by end of November.

We did outland so PA can't apply for OWP. :( Had we known it would take this long, we would have definitely done inland. I'm even at the point where I want to do it all over again inland, but what a waste of resources.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
We're already in touch with our MP but we find the updates are generally the same as what's on the tracker. but we are due to get in touch with the MP again by end of November.

We did outland so PA can't apply for OWP. :( Had we known it would take this long, we would have definitely done inland. I'm even at the point where I want to do it all over again inland, but what a waste of resources.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
I agree it’s a waste of time and money, If they would just ask USA for another update the info sharing can be completed faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MP can’t do much. Would be much better to send the PFL response via a lawyer but assume it’s too late for that. It takes a while to have PFL responses read and you are still under the 1 year timeframe so still under normal processing times. Unfortunately you need to be patient.