+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoke PR or TRY entry?

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
I am PR short of RO by 4 months. Have been out of Canada for more than 3 yrs. My PR ends in June 2016. I have question.

i, Is it better to revoke my PR by heading to embassy and then apply for new PR application?
ii, Second option is head to Canada before PR card ends , then show up to the officer and convince him why I should him the card? I have H&C reason my dad passed away and my mom is ill. What documents quickly I have to show other than hospitalization records?

I would need 4-5 more months befoer I can settle things and head to Canada to live longterm. Can you help me in this regard?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father and your mother's illness.

Just to clarify, it is your PR Card that expires, not your PR status. Even if you have not met the RO, you are still entitled to enter Canada. Whether or not you will be reported for non-compliance, is anyone's guess. Once you are back in Canada, you would need to remain in Canada for 730 before applying for a new PR Card...otherwise, you risk opening up a can of worms, per se, and alerting CIC to your non-compliance.

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks Ponga for the reply. I am just in middle of clearing some problems and need sometime to clear them. Is it possible to head to Canada and submit myself to authorities and convince them why I should keep the PR? As I heard it takes a year or two to process PRTD which is total long and pain.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sammy123 said:
I would need 4-5 more months befoer I can settle things and head to Canada to live longterm. Can you help me in this regard?
If you come back to Canada, you will be expected to stay in Canada until you are back in compliance with the RO. If you come back and then immediately leave again, well if you didn't have your PR status revoked the first time around there is a better chance it would be revoked the next time you tried to come.

You may be better off just letting your PR card expire, remaining in your home country as long as you need to, and then applying for a PR Travel Document when you are ready to permanently move back to Canada. Since you won't meet the RO when applying for PR TD, you'll need to submit all your H&C evidence. There is no guarantee CIC will accept your H&C reasons to not be in Canada over the past 3+ years, and your PR status may be revoked. Or if they accept your H&C reasons, you'll get a PR TD and can then return back to Canada and apply immediately to renew your PR card.

sammy123

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks Rob for the reply. What is the usual timeline for processing PTRD on H&C grounds? One or 2 years I heard.