+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** Review Required** NEED HELP !!!

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013
Hello All,

I am a CEC applicant with AOR December 2018. VO Ottawa

I recently got my GCMS. It says eligibility review required. It further says, the job title and the duties appear to not match the claimed NOC.
Now what is frustrating is, two colleagues of mine having the very same job duties, title and they used this very same letter, they got their PR. However, my file is stuck from last 8 months.

Is it a good idea to raise a CS inquiry and let them know that my colleagues x and y got theirs under the same letter and job title?

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
Hello All,

I recently got my GCMS. It says eligibility review required. It further says, the job title and the duties appear to not match the claimed NOC.
Now what is frustrating is, two colleagues of mine having the very same job duties, title and they used this very same letter, they got their PR. However, my file is stuck from last 8 months.

Is it a good idea to raise a CS inquiry and let them know that my colleagues x and y got theirs under the same letter and job title?
did you match your job duties of your reference letter with job duties mentioned by cic online for your noc? do this thing first. Match them.. if they are not matching. You need to upload a new reference letter with same job duties mentioned by cic through web form. Do not copy paste. Telling them about your colleagues wont help you.

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013
did you match your job duties of your reference letter with job duties mentioned by cic online for your noc? do this thing first. Match them.. if they are not matching. You need to upload a new reference letter with same job duties mentioned by cic through web form. Do not copy paste. Telling them about your colleagues wont help you.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate that.

Yes, I did match the duties. The letter is made by our HR. She said this letter worked for so many employees. She has a template and all she does is change the name. Is it possible if you have a quick look on the letter? I can email it to you.

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate that.

Yes, I did match the duties. The letter is made by our HR. She said this letter worked for so many employees. She has a template and all she does is change the name. Is it possible if you have a quick look on the letter? I can email it to you.
yes sure!! my email is tweety.dharni@yahoo.co.in
send me your noc as well..

Ola..

Feb 1, 2019
Hi guys,
I am also having a similar situation. December applicant and yet my application is still being processed. In my notes it also says review required. The person in charge of processing my application has already completed their part and now transferred it to whoever needs to review it for whatever reason.
After, reading so many forums here I have come to understand that how fast your application goes is very dependent on the office and also the person in charge of it. There is many dysfunctionalities that they need to work on.
It makes no sense to see some people applying after you and getting responses before you. They claim that if your application is incomplete it will delay the process. But they don't mention that even complete applications are delayed to due their dysfunctionality.

They tell you to inquire about your application if it has exceeded the 6 months. When you do so, they send you a generic response.
That is just the sad truth of how they function. I guess all we can do is wait.

Reactions: rily and jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
Hi guys,
I am also having a similar situation. December applicant and yet my application is still being processed. In my notes it also says review required. The person in charge of processing my application has already completed their part and now transferred it to whoever needs to review it for whatever reason.
After, reading so many forums here I have come to understand that how fast your application goes is very dependent on the office and also the person in charge of it. There is many dysfunctionalities that they need to work on.
It makes no sense to see some people applying after you and getting responses before you. They claim that if your application is incomplete it will delay the process. But they don't mention that even complete applications are delayed to due their dysfunctionality.

They tell you to inquire about your application if it has exceeded the 6 months. When you do so, they send you a generic response.
That is just the sad truth of how they function. I guess all we can do is wait.
you are right.. wait is an only option we hv right now.. apply for gcms notes if you want to.. or call cic to get update on your file

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
And there is a good chance it will work for you, too. Just because the frontline person who initially reviewed your application decided that it doesn´t match, doesn´t mean the more senior VO will disagree and approve your application. It is just unfortunate that it happens, because it takes more time.

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013
And there is a good chance it will work for you, too. Just because the frontline person who initially reviewed your application decided that it doesn´t match, doesn´t mean the more senior VO will disagree and approve your application. It is just unfortunate that it happens, because it takes more time.
Thanks you so much for the response. Since, you have the VIP member badge and so many activities on your profile, I've a couple questions for you :)
Someone told me get a detailed letter from employer and send it over through CS Web-form. Do you think it will be a good move? Also, I am in the ninth month of the process, do you think they can refuse my file?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks you so much for the response. Since, you have the VIP member badge and so many activities on your profile, I've a couple questions for you :)
Someone told me get a detailed letter from employer and send it over through CS Web-form. Do you think it will be a good move? Also, I am in the ninth month of the process, do you think they can refuse my file?
The letter you provided with your application should have met IRCC's requirements. There is no point in sending more detail if it did, that can sometimes make things worse. If it did not, then my all means; it may or may not be too late. But without knowing the contents of the original letter, I cannot give an informed opinion.

Reactions: GeologistAman

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013
The letter you provided with your application should have met IRCC's requirements. There is no point in sending more detail if it did, that can sometimes make things worse. If it did not, then my all means; it may or may not be too late. But without knowing the contents of the original letter, I cannot give an informed opinion.
Thanks for the reply. Would you be kind enough to have quick look on the letter that I've provided

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: Aman Ullah

Aman Ullah is currently in the Management Trainee program (NOC code 0621) with Enterprise Rent A-Car Canada Company (National Car Rental, Alamo Rent-A-Car, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car) and has been our employee since November 1, 2017. His hourly wage is XXX and he is paid on a bi-weekly basis; for the twelve months ending November, 2018 his total earnings were XXXX. In his current role Mr. Ullah is expected to work approximately 47 to 50 hours per week. As a full time employee, Mr. Ullah is eligible for the following benefits: Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, extended health coverage, long and short term disability, Employee and Family Assistance Plan and paid time off.

The Management Trainee position allows our employees to develop, plan and actively participate in branch sales and marketing efforts to increase and improve the business. In addition, Management Trainees oversee the efforts of branch employees in providing a high level customer service, including management of the rental counter, customer flow, and telephone service. Moreover, Management Trainees develop and implement marketing strategies, and are responsible for the supervision and training of other employees regarding branch receivables. Other responsibilities include following company policies and plans as well as evaluating the operations of the branch and coordinating branch duties.

Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
...is currently in the Management Trainee program (NOC code 0621) with Enterprise Rent A-Car Canada Company (National Car Rental, Alamo Rent-A-Car, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car) and has been our employee since November 1, 2017. His hourly wage is XXX and he is paid on a bi-weekly basis; for the twelve months ending November, 2018 his total earnings were XXXX. In his current role Mr. Ullah is expected to work approximately 47 to 50 hours per week. As a full time employee, Mr. Ullah is eligible for the following benefits: Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, extended health coverage, long and short term disability, Employee and Family Assistance Plan and paid time off.

The Management Trainee position allows our employees to develop, plan and actively participate in branch sales and marketing efforts to increase and improve the business. In addition, Management Trainees oversee the efforts of branch employees in providing a high level customer service, including management of the rental counter, customer flow, and telephone service. Moreover, Management Trainees develop and implement marketing strategies, and are responsible for the supervision and training of other employees regarding branch receivables. Other responsibilities include following company policies and plans as well as evaluating the operations of the branch and coordinating branch duties.
OK, I see 2 issues with the letter. This is just my opinion, I am not a VO, so for what it is worth...

1) The letter says you started as an employee on xx date, and that you are currently in the management trainee program. That suggests that you started in a different (non-trainee) position, possibly unskilled, and did not work the entire year as a management trainee. So the VO has no proof that you actually worked a full year in the "management trainee" position, actually has no idea how long you have done that position.

2) This is more open to interpretation, but based on your duties I would have assigned the NOC 6211. NOC 0621 has higher decision-making authority and functions - a key function is making decisions about money - planning budgets, etc., "determining" merchandise, etc. It is possible you will do those things after you complete the training program, but the description makes it sound like you're not quite there yet. Managers are usually salaried (not hourly wage) employees as well. As I said, this is more open to interpretation and I am not surprised that others have succeeded with the NOC.

I honestly think the first point is the bigger problem.

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013
OK, I see 2 issues with the letter. This is just my opinion, I am not a VO, so for what it is worth...

1) The letter says you started as an employee on xx date, and that you are currently in the management trainee program. That suggests that you started in a different (non-trainee) position, possibly unskilled, and did not work the entire year as a management trainee. So the VO has no proof that you actually worked a full year in the "management trainee" position, actually has no idea how long you have done that position.

2) This is more open to interpretation, but based on your duties I would have assigned the NOC 6211. NOC 0621 has higher decision-making authority and functions - a key function is making decisions about money - planning budgets, etc., "determining" merchandise, etc. It is possible you will do those things after you complete the training program, but the description makes it sound like you're not quite there yet. Managers are usually salaried (not hourly wage) employees as well. As I said, this is more open to interpretation and I am not surprised that others have succeeded with the NOC.

Thank you so much for the response. It really means alot. I feel like atleast the issue is heading somewhere now. I chose the NOC 0621 for two reasons; 1) As I said, previous colleagues got theirs with this NOC, and 2) the title Management Trainee is listed under the example titles of NOC 0621.

What can be done though? Should I wait for them to revert? Or should I send another letter with NOC 6211.

GeologistAman

Jan 24, 2013

Any suggestions??

Reactions: Narutokarim

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much for the response. It really means alot. I feel like atleast the issue is heading somewhere now. I chose the NOC 0621 for two reasons; 1) As I said, previous colleagues got theirs with this NOC, and 2) the title Management Trainee is listed under the example titles of NOC 0621.

What can be done though? Should I wait for them to revert? Or should I send another letter with NOC 6211.
I would not change the NOC at this point, but perhaps if you send a LOE, explain why you chose the NOC 0621 and that it might also be 6211.

I still think the bigger problem is that the letter is vague about how long you have been in that role. If you were in fact the assistant manager trainee from the first day you were hired, a letter from your employer clarifying that would be important. If you were not and the letter is trying to hide that fact (meaning, you aren´t eligible), that´s a whole different matter.

yeaseefmun

Oct 26, 2019
Hello All,

Hey bro I am in the same boat as you...applying for CEC EE with Management Trainee job title....did you get your PR yet ?