+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of Eligibility

babak84

Jun 7, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have applied for student visa from Iran. I did the requested Biometrics tests and answered the 8 asked questions and sent it to the embassy. My application is in progress, however yesterday I noticed that two more sections are added to my application status named as Background check ( which is fine) and Review of eligibility check. I am wondering if anyone here had this "Review of Eligibility"? or knows what does this mean? Is it mean that the chance for my application rejection is increased now, because of this?

I really appreciate if someone helps me with this, since I am very concerned now about my visa application.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hello Everyone,

Currently I have applied for student visa from Iran. I did the requested Biometrics tests and answered the 8 asked questions and sent it to the embassy. My application is in progress, however yesterday I noticed that two more sections are added to my application status named as Background check ( which is fine) and Review of eligibility check. I am wondering if anyone here had this "Review of Eligibility"? or knows what does this mean? Is it mean that the chance for my application rejection is increased now, because of this?

I really appreciate if someone helps me with this, since I am very concerned now about my visa application.
it might just mean that they are currently working on your application. "review of eligibility" simply means that are checking to make sure that you meet the requirements for obtaining a study permit.

babak84

Jun 7, 2017
Thank you excitedme. Do you think they will check the program I got admission, and see if I meet the requirement of that specific program? Because I think the department in the university already checked it and made their decision to admit me. Or do you have any idea what specifically they will check?
Thanks again
appreciate your help

babak84

Jun 7, 2017
it might just mean that they are currently working on your application. "review of eligibility" simply means that are checking to make sure that you meet the requirements for obtaining a study permit.
Thank you excitedme. Do you think they will check the program I got admission, and see if I meet the requirement of that specific program? Because I think the department in the university already checked it and made their decision to admit me. Or do you have any idea what specifically they will check?
Thanks again
appreciate your help

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Mine is kinda the same. My checklist does not include docs like transcript, degree or IELTS certificate, so I did not attach them to my online application.
Actually I thought that should have been checked by the school, and later by immigration department in Quebec (before they decide to issue me a CAQ).
Seeing new lines in my profile makes me think that the visa office is "actually" processing my application :)

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Thanks again
appreciate your help
a couple of checks i presume they will do include:
  • legitimacy of the offer letter from the school
  • your admissibility in canada
  • legitimacy of supporting documents
others can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp

Hashim_shahid

Aug 16, 2016
Ye
Hello Everyone,

I have seen these too. But on background check its written not applicable. Whats your status on background checks.

babak84

Jun 7, 2017
Ye

I have seen these too. But on background check its written not applicable. Whats your status on background checks.
It is written "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".
So, do you think they are waiting for background check to approve the eligibility?

iresha

Jun 7, 2017
Hi, I applied for my student permit from sri lanka on 22nd May 2017.But still no any response.Now it's 4 weeks.Could any one please tell me how they do the background check?because still they didn't call my employer to verify my service letter.

hosny1234

Jun 20, 2017
Hi. I applied for study permit on 8th June 2017 via VFS with upfront medicals. No updated as yet not even on medicals, is it normal?

- Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
- Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
- Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
- Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
- Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks.

pinay-nay

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
17 July 2017
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Request
none
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
07 August 2017
LANDED..........
27 August 2017
Hi. I applied for study permit on 8th June 2017 via VFS with upfront medicals. No updated as yet not even on medicals, is it normal?

- Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
- Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
- Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
- Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
- Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
- Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks.
Hello hosny1234! any update to date on your application? We have the same status for my daughter's application except for background check since it is not applicable.Thanks.

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
So I have passed my medical and they said they got all my additional documents , the new thing is we are now checking to see if you reach your eligibility , normally it would say your eligibility has not started yet, so what is the eligibility check anyone knows?

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hi all

I had called CIC a couple of days back and asked if my eligibility is recommended passed. I was told that my eligibility is MET and that would take oversight of another officer for it to be passed.

Now, I am confused if eligibility being 'MET' or 'RECOMMENDED PASSED' means the same or different things. Can anyone help?