Review of eligibility not updated

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
Quick update guys, my eligibility review has started today and I got my biometric validation letter same time. I am so tensed about the decision, I wished I received both bvl and decision. I am at the verge of having panic or heart attack. IRCC should come to my rescue and it better be a positive response. Meanwhile I applied on may 12, completed biometric on may 14, and passed medicals on may 19. Since then I didn't receive any update from them again until today, although I contacted them about my application status yesterday.

canadaclues

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Quick update guys, my eligibility review has started today and I got my biometric validation letter same time. I am so tensed about the decision, I wished I received both bvl and decision. I am at the verge of having panic or heart attack. IRCC should come to my rescue and it better be a positive response. Meanwhile I applied on may 12, completed biometric on may 14, and passed medicals on may 19. Since then I didn't receive any update from them again until today, although I contacted them about my application status yesterday.
Nothing to worry based on this scenario.
I got my BVL and eligiblity started on the same day too (on June 29th). There's no rule that you should be getting bvl and decision at the same time. However, there are a few people who got both together.
I believe your file has higher chances of approval because there's no reason to hold the decision for longer duration, if it's a rejection. As of now, it seems they are holding approvals as they don't want to burden themselves with post-approval activities like passport stamping etc.
All the best!

Reactions: RumezaJ

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
Nothing to worry based on this scenario.
I got my BVL and eligiblity started on the same day too (on June 29th). There's no rule that you should be getting bvl and decision at the same time. However, there are a few people who got both together.
I believe your file has higher chances of approval because there's no reason to hold the decision for longer duration, if it's a rejection. As of now, it seems they are holding approvals as they don't want to burden themselves with post-approval activities like passport stamping etc.
All the best!
Thank you so much

I have a question some people said that once bvl have been issued, it means a decision has been made. I have an important information regarding my legal status in my country of residence. This information was communicated yesterday by the country. I want to know if I should go ahead and send to IRRC via webform or I should leave it and wait for response.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Thank you so much

I have a question some people said that once bvl have been issued, it means a decision has been made. I have an important information regarding my legal status in my country of residence. This information was communicated yesterday by the country. I want to know if I should go ahead and send to IRRC via webform or I should leave it and wait for response.
If that information updates anything that was asked in IMM 1294e then yes raise a webform immediately.

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
hey!
applied on - 10 june
medical updated-15 june
till now my eligibility review hasnt started yet
I can only advice you to have patience because for me I applied on may 12, passed medical on 19, biometric on 14 may, my eligibility review started only today since 19th of may that I passed medical.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I applied in April and eligibility review hasn't started for me yet either. Some people applied a long time before that too.
There is nothing for you to do but wait. The processing time is shown as 8 weeks, so you're well inside that timeframe.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
A quick update: My eligibility review has started, and got BVL; both today (Monday, 29 June).
Where do you get the BVL ? Was it at same time as eligibility review start ?

have you received your medical request?

elvin16

Jul 4, 2021
SDS from India
Medicals upfront: 14 May
Application submitted on: 23 May
BIL: 24 May
Medicals updated: June 18
Biometrics given: June 21 (Delay due to vfs lockdown)
Biometrics updated: June 21
BVL: June 29

No, I didn't write to visa office.
Hey! I have a similar timeline. Please update if you’ve received any further communication.

wpengkent

Jul 5, 2021
Hi guys,

I am not sure if my eligibility has started. How does the application status looks like when they are reviewing your case?
This is what I see from the portal:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys,

I am not sure if my eligibility has started. How does the application status looks like when they are reviewing your case?
This is what I see from the portal:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Your eligibility review has been started.

wpengkent

Jul 5, 2021
Your eligibility review has been started.
Thank you :)
Just want to place my timeline here so others could get an idea

Non-SDS
Apply from Malaysia
Visa office in Singapore

Submit application: 22 March 2021
Biometric gave in March
Provided police certificate and medical exam in April
Pass medical exam: 1 May 2021
Correspondence letter for medical exam: 5 May 2021

I am still waiting for the decision.

canadaclues

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Where do you get the BVL ? Was it at same time as eligibility review start ?

have you received your medical request?
Got my BVL on June 29 in Ircc portal, the document labelled as 'correspondence letter'. The eligibility review started on the same day.

I went for medicals upfront as mine was SDS, and submitted it as I submitted my application.

Reactions: RumezaJ