+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of eligibility not updated

canadaclues

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Hello, I have given my biometrics on June 21 and it's updated on the same day in the Ircc portal. I passed my medicals on June 18.
However, my review of eligibility has not started yet. I have seen people getting the change of status in the review of eligibility from 'not started' to 'reviewing'.
Could someone throw some light on this ROF of mine?

Reactions: Emelia Yeboah

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Hello, I have given my biometrics on June 21 and it's updated on the same day in the Ircc portal. I passed my medicals on June 18.
However, my review of eligibility has not started yet. I have seen people getting the change of status in the review of eligibility from 'not started' to 'reviewing'.
Could someone throw some light on this ROF of mine?
Hi. So eligibility review can start anywhere from 1 week to 10 weeks for study permits. I’d suggest wait it out a little. There are other people in your shoes and I’d suggest you the same. Yes, one thing you may try is write to them/call them/raise a webform if lot of time has passed.

All the best!!

Reactions: Shadow_Man

canadaclues

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Hi. So eligibility review can start anywhere from 1 week to 10 weeks for study permits. I’d suggest wait it out a little. There are other people in your shoes and I’d suggest you the same. Yes, one thing you may try is write to them/call them/raise a webform if lot of time has passed.

All the best!!
Okay, thank you

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
hey ive seen some cases of the eligiblity review never changing in the portal but then getting approved. it depends on the visa office, some dont update the portal all the time.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hey, Thanks for the info. BTW, are you also waiting on the visa?
not me but my sister. she applied may 5, gave biometrics may14. no further updates. medical not yet requested (mexico visa office). our only consolation is that rejections usually come faster lol

canadaclues

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
not me but my sister. she applied may 5, gave biometrics may14. no further updates. medical not yet requested (mexico visa office). our only consolation is that rejections usually come faster lol
Haha yes, usually rejection comes faster. And is it study permit?