+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revert on application of permanent residence

DM01

Apr 1, 2018
I received ITA on Dec 6 2017 & submitted my application of permanent residence on Jan 31 2018. Haven't seen a change of status in my online account since nor any communication from CIC. Application status, eligibility, medical results, final decision all are displaying "Application in progress". How long does it take to get a revert from CIC? Is there any way to contact CIC regarding the status of my application?

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
It's still early days in your application, and you are within the standard 6 months processing time. You can, however, order GCMS notes (keep in mind that it'll take about 30 days for the documents to reach you), if you want to see the notes on your application, here's some guidance on how to order the documents. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
Or you can log a case specific enquiry (CSE) online on cic.gc.ca. Some people email directly, but I'd avoid that as you'll (very likely) get the generic response of 'your application is within the standard 6 months processing time....'. Good luck.

DM01

Apr 1, 2018
It's still early days in your application, and you are within the standard 6 months processing time. You can, however, order GCMS notes (keep in mind that it'll take about 30 days for the documents to reach you), if you want to see the notes on your application, here's some guidance on how to order the documents. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
Or you can log a case specific enquiry (CSE) online on cic.gc.ca. Some people email directly, but I'd avoid that as you'll (very likely) get the generic response of 'your application is within the standard 6 months processing time....'. Good luck.
Thanks a ton!!

DM01

Apr 1, 2018
Hey guys,

Can you help with when can I expect PPR? Also since I have had to give additional medical tests, will the processing time start after I submitted AOPR or after the additional medical tests were submitted (timelines of submission below)?

ITA on 6th Dec 2017
AOR on 31st Jan 2018
RPRF on 28th Feb 2018
Got additional medical tests done on 22nd Apr 2018.

Current status on CIC:

Application status:We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.