+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revalidating PR expired in June 2011

Aabz

Jul 4, 2018
Hello,

I went on spousal sponsorship PR in July 2006 to Ontario . PR was in my married name .Was working there full time in a permanent job for about 4.5 years . Came back to India in November 2010 and my PR expired in June 2011. I got divorced after coming back to India and haven't gone back ever since . I am currently working as a full time permanent employed in a private bank for over 5 years now . I want to go back to Canada and would like to know how I can get my PR revalidted . I do qualify as per PR RO as mentioned on the website .

Please advise if I am missing out on any aspect and how I can apply for revalidating my PR.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I went on spousal sponsorship PR in July 2006 to Ontario . PR was in my married name .Was working there full time in a permanent job for about 4.5 years . Came back to India in November 2010 and my PR expired in June 2011. I got divorced after coming back to India and haven't gone back ever since . I am currently working as a full time permanent employed in a private bank for over 5 years now . I want to go back to Canada and would like to know how I can get my PR revalidted . I do qualify as per PR RO as mentioned on the website .

Please advise if I am missing out on any aspect and how I can apply for revalidating my PR.

Thanks
Why do you think you qualify and meet the residency obligation? To meet the residency requirement, you need to have lived in Canada for 2 out of the last five years. Based on the above, you have been outside of Canada since 2011 - so you would not meet the residency requirement.

Aabz

Jul 4, 2018
Hi, I found a link online regarding the RO. The link has mention about completing 730 days of stay in Canada and PR not being cancelled . Did I miss on the 2 year s out of the last 5 years piece ? Please advise if revalidating is possible ?
Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to what you just explained you do not meet RO requirements. That is to be in Canada for at least 2 years for the last 5 years.
1. You did divorce the person who sponsored you (OK).
2. you did not visit Canada after 2011

So with that said you have 2 options:
1. Ask for PRTD where is a very low chance to be granted (given the time you are out)
2. Try to cross on land using USA border and not to be reported. Here it is difficult to predict what would happen, but you have a high chance to be reported.

If either your PRTD will be denied or your will be reported they will start the process of cancelling your PR status. To which you would have to provide a valid H&C reasons.
From what you have said so far you do not seem to have any. (leaving a broken marriage is not a reason to leave Canada as such).

Good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I found a link online regarding the RO. The link has mention about completing 730 days of stay in Canada and PR not being cancelled . Did I miss on the 2 year s out of the last 5 years piece ? Please advise if revalidating is possible ?
Thanks
730 days is the same thing as 2 years. You must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 rolling years to keep your PR status. Rolling means that you must be able to look back at the previous five years and have spent at least two of those years in Canada. You have spent the last 7 years outside of Canada - so you very clearly do not meet this requirement.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks
You always has to have 2 years out of last 5 years. That is a rolling condition (of course except first 5 years after becoming PR).

Aabz

Jul 4, 2018
You always has to have 2 years out of last 5 years. That is a rolling condition (of course except first 5 years after becoming PR).
Is it advisable to apply for fresh PR?if yes, does my PR and SSN number get cancelled automatically?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it advisable to apply for fresh PR?if yes, does my PR and SSN number get cancelled automatically?
1. your sin does become dormant after certain time.
2. Your PR is not cancelled automatically (they do not have such service yet). Most common is that they will be attracted to your case by some action (PRTD, border crossing and being reported, trying to sponsor somebody).
So once they are aware and they find out that you do not meet RO, then they will start the PR cancellation process.

Aabz

Jul 4, 2018
1. your sin does become dormant after certain time.
2. Your PR is not cancelled automatically (they do not have such service yet). Most common is that they will be attracted to your case by some action (PRTD, border crossing and being reported, trying to sponsor somebody).
So once they are aware and they find out that you do not meet RO, then they will start the PR cancellation process.
So would this create problem if I apply for PR as a fresh case ?