+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reuse WP medical reports for PR

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Myself, Spouse and 1.5 year old are in canada currently ( travelled to Toronto a month before ) - I'm on ICT work permit and my wife has an open work permit.
For the WP application all of us went through medical exams as asked by CIC on Feb this year.

I got the ITA and working on documents currently. Can I reuse the Medical Exam Report issued earlier for the PR application? I don't see any further detail on the CIC website - all it says is the medicals shouldn't be older than an year. I see an 'application number' listed in those medical reports so not sure if its tied only with the WP permit application.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Myself, Spouse and 1.5 year old are in canada currently ( travelled to Toronto a month before ) - I'm on ICT work permit and my wife has an open work permit.
For the WP application all of us went through medical exams as asked by CIC on Feb this year.

I got the ITA and working on documents currently. Can I reuse the Medical Exam Report issued earlier for the PR application? I don't see any further detail on the CIC website - all it says is the medicals shouldn't be older than an year. I see an 'application number' listed in those medical reports so not sure if its tied only with the WP permit application.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you get an upfront medical exam for your WP? If you did, you can reuse it. I reused my WP medical as well and my medical status is Passed.

If CIC sent you a request after you submitted your WP application, then I'm not sure you can reuse it.

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did you get an upfront medical exam for your WP? If you did, you can reuse it. I reused my WP medical as well and my medical status is Passed.

If CIC sent you a request after you submitted your WP application, then I'm not sure you can reuse it.
It's actually the Medicals which I did when cic asked for after submitting work permit

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
T

Thanks!
I have a follow up question regarding medicals to the experts here
Is it mandatory to take the medicals while submitting the application or would i get a Medicals request? I wouldn't mind a little delay in processing if I can do the latter.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
I have a follow up question regarding medicals to the experts here
Is it mandatory to take the medicals while submitting the application or would i get a Medicals request? I wouldn't mind a little delay in processing if I can do the latter.
For express entry, you have to submit medical at time of application, otherwise application may be rejected as incomplete.

You need to be aware that medicals expire after 1 year and that this date is counted for landing purposes. For example, my COPR had an expiry date that was one year after the date of my medical exam. If you submit medicals that are a few months old, then CIC may request you to re-take them.

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for the response. What form do I need to carry in this case when I go to panel physician - just tell them I got the ITA and that I need to do medicals for PR? - need medicals for myself, wife and my one year old son. For my work permits I had the CIC medical request forms , but not sure what to carry in this case as its kind of upfront before I submit the forms.

Also is it fair enough to do medicals a few days before submitting the application ( will be submitting my application on 20th of this month ), but holding on medicals for another 10-15 days due to some health issues for my wife.

Last edited: