+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning back to canada

sweetdoll

Feb 17, 2006
United Kingdom
hello, i am a canadian citizen currently residing in the united kingdom. i am thinking to return back to canada but i want to know what is best way to bring my boyfriend from india ? should i go there and marry him under the canadian law and india law, is that possible there and if so, what would be the procedure ? any suggestions from anyone out there ??? sweetdoll

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sweetdoll said:
hello, i am a canadian citizen currently residing in the united kingdom. i am thinking to return back to canada but i want to know what is best way to bring my boyfriend from india ? should i go there and marry him under the canadian law and india law, is that possible there and if so, what would be the procedure ? any suggestions from anyone out there ??? sweetdoll
1. You pretty well have to marry him, as long as it is a legal marriage in India it is fine.
2. Once you are married, you can then sponsor him. You can either return to Canada and submit the sponsorship and his application to Mississauga or remain in India after your submit the sponsorship and his application to Mississauga.
3. If you remain in India, you would have to include a statement with the sponsorship that once a visa is issued that you would be returning to Canada with your spouse. In that statement it should have your plans as to accommodation and employment.
4. You can find the application forms at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

PMM

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a problem we sent our application to our lawyer he emailed me today with this ..... proof of intent for return to Canada is lacking. Kindly note the declaration from your daughter does not appear to be sufficient it is recommended that you provide more evidence (see list of examples in the final instructions)WHAT IS IT THEY WANT ME TO SEND ? i submitted my job offer letter from my previous employer and a letter from my Daughter stating that we will be residing with her till we get on our feet! Im confused PLEASE HELP :(